How to move on ?!

Relationship with your partner

How to move on ?!

Postby Darling_ding flower » Thu May 13, 2021 4:19 pm

My bf of 3 years and 5 months ghosted me. We got physically separated because Covid since Nov2019. He just stopped texting and calling on the 25Feb2021. This is devastating. I didn’t see it coming.
I think I was too comfortable and maybe too needy in the relationship. I was worried sad angry now I’m moving on... I thought it was my 4ever but I guess I was making it up in my mind.

I’m 27 I want to get married have kids and have a nice life with my family. To achieve this I have to work on myself.
So I’ve decided to stay celibate. Work on making money. Gain knowledge and enjoy life!

How has it been for you ladies? Any tips ?
Darling_ding flower

Re: How to move on ?!

Postby Marz » Fri May 14, 2021 9:07 pm

I'm sorry to hear this, but did you call him too? Or just waited for him to call you first? I think you should also take an initiative to call him and ask what happen for you to have a peace of mind. In my opinion it is always nice to talk about the issue. But when you tried calling him or messaging him he seen it but won't respond, then i think it's time to let him know that you are done and gotta move on..
Marz

Postby Marigogoe » Sun May 16, 2021 11:43 pm

Oh sorry but don’t you know his place cos 3 years relationship at least you should know where he lives or maybe a family member
Marigogoe

Postby Darling_ding flower » Mon May 17, 2021 5:48 pm

I called his house phone number twice his mum answered and said he is in the hospital but he is not in a coma or dying. He never called me back or reached out.
I texted him multiple times. We are both from different countries living in a foreign land. He travelled home right before COVID started.
He clearly doesn’t want to talk to me. He knows how to reach me. He was online on Facebook Messenger a few weeks ago. He didn’t write to me. I wrote something he didn’t reply.
He doesn’t want me anymore. I don’t know if he’ll come back in the country we are both studying in. So, better I just move on with my life.
This is a heart wrenching situation. What hurts the most is the silence. He could have at least told me the relationship was over. Than just staying silent like I’m an animal who doesn’t deserve an explanation.
Darling_ding flower

Postby MixedCouple » Wed May 19, 2021 9:48 am

Seems like from the last post it was a situational relationship. I.e he was invested when he was a student in the same country and that's all it was about. A lot of relationships are that way that start when people study or move to university even friendships.

I had a few friends like that who gave up on the friendship after 3 years once I moved a meer 2 hours away! too much effort for them and they only wanted to be friends while I was at uni with them.
That's people some people are cruel and suck. Just learn from the lesson and move on.
MixedCouple

Postby Allie88 » Wed May 19, 2021 12:01 pm

I think you're heading in the right direction, so fair play to you and you know, the right person will come along. So spend the time growing yourself, your career for now and just enjoy life. One advice is definitely widen your horisons and try hobbies and things you havent done before - like knitting for example, hiking etc. So many people haven t done any of that so why not. Start little projects, finish them and move on to something else. You can crochet stuffed animals, knit something like a decorative pillow case - cross stitch an image - little projects can be fun. Best part, sometimes you dont have to spend money on all the materials - try your own local facebook freecycle groups and charity shops to get those. Or see if you can borrow tools from others before you buy your own. Heck start your won herb garden.

And most definitely - read, read and read. Talk to new people, learn new things. Read for fun and for learning. Sometimes even a cliche chick flick is something you need.
Allie88

Return to Adult Relationship