Been induced experience

Now I am pregnant!

Been induced experience

Postby Stacy11 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:22 pm

Hi all I'm been induced on the 5th off march. It has me thinking about what to expect. Just wondering about other peoples experiences
Stacy11

Re: Been induced experience

Postby Teisha88 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:35 pm

Hey hun, I was to be induced on the 1st of June but went into a slow labour and had my baby removed via emergency c section because my son became distressed with every contraction. I don't ctually have no experience with being induced but you could probably research it and get a lot of information. If its because you're overdue I hope your labour comes on before they have to induce you. Best of luck xXx
Teisha88

Postby Stacy11 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:09 pm

Teisha88 wrote:Hey hun, I was to be induced on the 1st of June but went into a slow labour and had my baby removed via emergency c section because my son became distressed with every contraction. I don't ctually have no experience with being induced but you could probably research it and get a lot of information. If its because you're overdue I hope your labour comes on before they have to induce you. Best of luck xXx

Thank you, I will look in to now. Yes I will overdue and the Dr said the baby is big and ready to go so no point waiting. Thanks for your reply hun and like you said hopefully I go in the mean time xx
Stacy11

Postby Swisslisa » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:51 pm

I was induced with my daughter because I had developed colestasis of pregnancy. I don't want to scare you, but it's tuff. I had non-stop contractions and they kept going from giving me contraction stopper to inducing more. Because my daughter was so distressed. Ended up having an emergency c-section. Because of all the medication they gave me before and after the c-section I was shaking uncontrollably. My friend who was with me (because my partner wasn't in the country) said after she was scared I'd drop my daughter lol. Took a while for me to calm down but after everything was fine.
I don't know if the shaking is a normal occurence or if it was just me.
Swisslisa

Postby arolysh » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:19 pm

Hey. I had an induction 2.5 years ago due to high blood pressure. The contractions were really strong, but I don't have a baseline to compare since that was my only experience. Overall, it was very successful. Started having active labor around 2:30 PM, took an epidural, slept for three hours, and the baby came in at 6:05 PM after 20 min pushing. I really wanted to go all natural, but the pain was too much to take. I was 37 weeks and my baby was very small 2.5 kg. Each person will be different, but I wanted you to know that there are very successful stories of induction. After all, the only thing that matters is your health and the baby.
arolysh

Postby Kittyeyes » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:40 pm

My water broke on the 5th Feb at 34 weeks had no pains only mild which wasn't actually something then late the Sunday evening I got induced gave birth the 9th February. Not to scare you but when the contractions started it never stopped until I gave birth I didn't have time to sleep,concentrate or breath that's how bad it was. This is my first pregnancy and geez I never shouted out God's name this much lol and sad part of all I was literally alone no partner next to me and the sister/ Dr wasn't even in the room when. The baby's head was out
Kittyeyes

Postby Stacy11 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:37 am

Swisslisa wrote:I was induced with my daughter because I had developed colestasis of pregnancy. I don't want to scare you, but it's tuff. I had non-stop contractions and they kept going from giving me contraction stopper to inducing more. Because my daughter was so distressed. Ended up having an emergency c-section. Because of all the medication they gave me before and after the c-section I was shaking uncontrollably. My friend who was with me (because my partner wasn't in the country) said after she was scared I'd drop my daughter lol. Took a while for me to calm down but after everything was fine.

Sounds like a terrible experience, having to go through extreme contractions a c section and uncontrollable shakes. you are lucky you and your daughter where fine thankfully 💕 That's my worry it will but stress on the baby. I was researching and been induced seems to make the contractions more severe. Your story confirms it. I was hoping to just use gas during labour and not need a c section with covid. I'd like to get out as soon as possible so my partner gets to bond with the baby. As he won't be allowed to visit. But as long as me and the baby are OK that is the main thing. Thanks so much for sharing your experience xx
Stacy11

Postby Stacy11 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:44 am

arolysh wrote:Hey. I had an induction 2.5 years ago due to high blood pressure. The contractions were really strong, but I don't have a baseline to compare since that was my only experience. Overall, it was very successful. Started having active labor around 2:30 PM, took an epidural, slept for three hours, and the baby came in at 6:05 PM after 20 min pushing. I really wanted to go all natural, but the pain was too much to take. I was 37 weeks and my baby was very small 2.5 kg. Each person will be different, but I wanted you to know that there are very successful stories of induction. After all, the only thing that matters is your health and the baby.

Thanks so much for sharing. That's the truth as long as I have a safe delivery that's all that matters. If I need more pain relief or have to stay longer. Really doesn't matter as long as everything goes well. Thanks so much for sharing I'm glad everything went well for you. Fingers crossed I will go in the mean time. If not I'm feeling more relaxed about my options. If I need more pain relief so be it. As long as we are both OK xx
Stacy11

Postby Stacy11 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:53 am

Kittyeyes wrote:My water broke on the 5th Feb at 34 weeks had no pains only mild which wasn't actually something then late the Sunday evening I got induced gave birth the 9th February. Not to scare you but when the contractions started it never stopped until I gave birth I didn't have time to sleep,concentrate or breath that's how bad it was. This is my first pregnancy and geez I never shouted out God's name this much lol and sad part of all I was literally alone no partner next to me and the sister/ Dr wasn't even in the room when. The baby's head was out

It sounds common with been induced that the contractions are more severe. Which is good to know in advance. For some reason the epidural freaks me out. I'm getting my head around it. What ever helps makes it less stressful for me and baby is best. I can only imagine going through that by yourself at 34 weeks and been your first baby. You are a brave mamma 💕 thank you for sharing. The more I learn the less nervous I seem to be about it all xx
Stacy11

Postby Swisslisa » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:39 am

Stacy11 wrote:
Swisslisa wrote:I was induced with my daughter because I had developed colestasis of pregnancy. I don't want to scare you, but it's tuff. I had non-stop contractions and they kept going from giving me contraction stopper to inducing more. Because my daughter was so distressed. Ended up having an emergency c-section. Because of all the medication they gave me before and after the c-section I was shaking uncontrollably. My friend who was with me (because my partner wasn't in the country) said after she was scared I'd drop my daughter lol. Took a while for me to calm down but after everything was fine.

Sounds like a terrible experience, having to go through extreme contractions a c section and uncontrollable shakes. you are lucky you and your daughter where fine thankfully 💕 That's my worry it will but stress on the baby. I was researching and been induced seems to make the contractions more severe. Your story confirms it. I was hoping to just use gas during labour and not need a c section with covid. I'd like to get out as soon as possible so my partner gets to bond with the baby. As he won't be allowed to visit. But as long as me and the baby are OK that is the main thing. Thanks so much for sharing your experience xx

With natural labour you get breaks in between contractions. When you're induced you just have them nonstop.
Honestly, labour and everything that comes with it sounds really scary but once you are in the middle of it you just do what you need to do and once the baby has arrived everything is forgotten. If informing yourself makes you feel better and calm than keep reading up on things. Me personally can't do that lol if I know too much about what could be ect. it makes me feel all wired. These kind of things I just need to take as they happen and deal with it. That's why I also never made a birthplan.

Wish you all the best, safe delivery and a healthy baby 💕

Let us know how everything went.
Swisslisa

Next

Return to I'm pregnant!