Antidepressants

Relationship with your partner

Would you leave your loved one for your boths sake if they're taking antidepressants?

Yes. That's trouble.
67%
No, of course!
33%
I can't decide.
No votes

Total votes : 3

Antidepressants

Postby Elin » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:30 pm

Hello!
Me and my boyfriend separated recently. He is taking antidepressants SSRI.
I feel that things might get worse in time, he got distant, moody and I couldn't help him at all. He wanted to break up so that's what we did. I didn't know what to do but I now feel that I did wrong by leaving.

Do you have relatives, friends or so struggling with anxiety disorders? How did they cope? Did they stopped taking antidepressants?
Elin

Re: Antidepressants

Postby framoka » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:38 pm

I would say no, I went through depression in 2016, in 2017 I meet my bf and sometimes I get hit by reality and let myself in a hole 🕳️ and sometimes I wanted to break up to not hurt my bf but he said he will help get through it and he really helps me a lot, the worst thing a person can do while going through depression is be alone so my advice would be if you think you should stay away in terms of a relationship is okay, but I think you can help him there's nothing worst than beeng alone with having depression
framoka

Re: Antidepressants

Postby Swisslisa » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:10 pm

framoka wrote:I would say no, I went through depression in 2016, in 2017 I meet my bf and sometimes I get hit by reality and let myself in a hole 🕳️ and sometimes I wanted to break up to not hurt my bf but he said he will help get through it and he really helps me a lot, the worst thing a person can do while going through depression is be alone so my advice would be if you think you should stay away in terms of a relationship is okay, but I think you can help him there's nothing worst than beeng alone with having depression

I agree. Even if you can't be in a relationship with him, try to stay in his life so he isn't alone.
My boyfriend used to have depression (still does but not as bad) I always felt helpless because he wasn't able to tell me what's going on. Sometimes I got mad at him because even though I knew he is depressed I often felt like he is mad at me and I didn't know what I did wrong. Had to work on myself to understand and deal with it better. He often said just knowing that I was there helped him.
Swisslisa

Return to Adult Relationship