My girlfriend is coming over for Christmas and this is the f

My girlfriend is coming over for Christmas and this is the f

Postby Black_Jade » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:38 am

So my gf is coming over for Christmas and we're in the same class but due to covid-19 we've been long distance our whole relationship and covid is dieing down where I live so we decided to see each other over Christmas but my period tracker says imma start the 26th the day that she's coming over but 3 of my cousins are going to be there too and the little one tends to annoy me and I think I might get emotional does anyone have some advice on how I can control my emotions
Black_Jade

Re: My girlfriend is coming over for Christmas and this is t

Postby Black_Jade » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:39 am

Were meeting irl for the first time I messed the title up
Black_Jade

Postby annab2005 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:24 am

I mean I’m not sure. Maybe write it down to release it.
annab2005

Postby Selenelion » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:01 am

You shouldn't be seeing anyone if you are in the US, the virus is still not under control.
Selenelion

Postby QueerDragon » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:02 am

Selenelion wrote:You shouldn't be seeing anyone if you are in the US, the virus is still not under control.

That's what I was wondering!
QueerDragon

Location: "So thank you for taking a chance on me, I know it isn't easy, but I hope to be worth it"

Postby Selenelion » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:05 am

No place is safe here. Unless you plan on not going anywhere and getting like 5 covid tests, not going anywhere and get tested the day of interaction like actors are doing it isn't even remotely safe.

Any you don't have the means to do that as a regular person
Selenelion

Postby Black_Jade » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:03 am

Were fully remote we haven't been anywhere
Black_Jade

Postby Selenelion » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:24 am

No one in your house has gone anywhere? No one in your girlfriend's house has gone anywhere?
Selenelion

Postby cacahuate86 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:14 am

I usually think that Selene's paranoia about all of this is pretty annoying, but she's not wrong here. I wonder why peopple think it's a good idea to celebrate christmas with all sorts of cousins and friends and people they've never actually met in person in the middle of a FLIPPING PANDEMIC!
And then everyone bitches and moans about lockdowns and economic disasters...
People, just stay home if you don't absolutely have to go out! I don't see why that is such a hard concept to grasp?!
I am so sick and tired of this freaking virus! And I know everyone else is, too. So why would you invite a bunch people over for an indoor event?
Nobody would need to endure weeks long lockdowns and all that stuff if you'd just use your brains every now and then!

You can meet once you're vaccinated. And you can only get vaccinated if you're healthy. So stay away from each other! The world won't collapse if you don't celebrate christmas with 20 random people this year. You can have a big celebration next year.
Sapere aude
cacahuate86

Postby emma12 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:02 am

My advice for you is to postpone your meet up with your partner.
You're getting your period, it's Christmas so your cousins will be there AND there's a pandemic going on.
It just doesn't sound like a good time to welcome someone in your home, do you get me? I'm not saying to never see her again, but maybe postpone it until after new years.
You do not want to catch the virus and then infect your family as well. It's the holidays, I'm sure you don't want to spend it sick in bed and worried about your family.
Enjoy christmas as much as you want but make sure that you're following all precautions from the virus.
Your girlfriend can wait. Pretty sure that she also has a family and wouldn't want to bring coronavirus back into her home, to her family, during Christmas.

If you do not want to take this advice👆, then that's up to you really, it's your life and I'm only a stranger. So my second advice would be: try not to focus on the negative because it will reflect back on her and she'll feel uncomfortable. Try to look at the bright side and plan fun things to do with her and write them in your notebook. Try to feel excited instead of nervous so that you're able to control your negative emotions and instead show her positive emotions.
emma12

Next

Return to Teen Social