Now what?

Now I am pregnant!

Now what?

Postby Sunflower_Daisy » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:57 pm

I’m pregnant, according to my last period I’m 5 weeks now. I have no clue what to do next, do I call my dr or an OBGYN? How do I pick one ? What do I eat what can’t I eat, what now ?
Sunflower_Daisy

Re: Now what?

Postby Rkb123 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:29 am

Congratulations !!
What I did first after seeing a positive was :
1. asked a friend who had recently delivered that which doctor she went to and how was her experience. My husband and I did not share the news with anyone until we were into second trimester.

2. Next I called that Ob-Gyn doctor's office and booked an appointment. They said they don't accept pregnancy patients until it is 8 weeks. So I took the earliest possible appointment at 8th week.

3. When I visited doctor and asked what should I avoid and what should I eat, she said I could eat anything that I like. There were no restrictions from her end because there weren't many things I was able to really eat due to nausea and vomiting and smell problems.

4. She asked me to start taking prenatal meds because I wasn't taking them already.

Taking proper rest and avoiding any new physical activity were on her list as well, althought she suggested 30 minutes walking was required daily.
Rkb123

Postby Lilsteph1 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:59 am

So 1st of all congrats. 2nd if ur not already taking folic acid then you should be until ur at least 12 weeks. 1 tablet away. 3rd you can pretty much eat what you want the things they tell you not to eat are as follow. Soft mould and soft blue veined cheeses. Raw undercooked shellfish and meat vitamin A supplements e.g fish liver oils. Liver products as in pate raw fruit and veg that hasn't been cleaned. So I just got that from all my notes my pregnancy notes from the midwife. Just clean ur fruits before eating them eat basically. And yeah after anything you want to really. And I'm from UK I didn't see my midwife until I was 9 weeks no point really as you don't get a scan until ur 12 weeks here. Not sure where ur from tho so might be different and stuff. But when you do see some 1 they will explain everything to you anyway. Good luck
Lilsteph1

Postby Sunflower_Daisy » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:15 am

Thank you so much, I’m so excited. I made an appointment with my doctor. I feel like I’m going to be one of those annoying Women who asks too many questions
Sunflower_Daisy

Postby Swisslisa » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:49 pm

Sunflower_Daisy wrote:Thank you so much, I’m so excited. I made an appointment with my doctor. I feel like I’m going to be one of those annoying Women who asks too many questions

It's always better to ask too many questions. Whatever you need to feel more secure in what your doing. There are also many good websites/apps that answer lots of your questions.
Congratulations!
Swisslisa

Postby LadyF » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:28 pm

Sunflower_Daisy wrote:I’m pregnant, according to my last period I’m 5 weeks now. I have no clue what to do next, do I call my dr or an OBGYN? How do I pick one ? What do I eat what can’t I eat, what now ?

I am in the same boat with your got my BFP on Friday and according to the app I'm 4 weeks. I have no idea what to do now
The lovely LadyF
LadyF

Postby Jillu » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:58 pm

Congratulations...
Im in 9th week.. last time it's miscarriage before 3 months. I'm eager and scared..
Jillu

Postby LadyF » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:28 pm

Jillu wrote:Congratulations...
Im in 9th week.. last time it's miscarriage before 3 months. I'm eager and scared..

Sorry for your loss,I pray that you will have a happy and healthy pregnancy now🌺
The lovely LadyF
LadyF

Return to I'm pregnant!