How do you break up with no big drama?

Relationship with your partner

How do you break up with no big drama?

Postby stacyJ » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:17 pm

Hello ladies. Need some advice. I dont know what to do. Have been for years in this loveless relationship. Ive tried several times to talk. He is very possesive and I think he is afraid to start his life all over again and search someone else..please any advice?
Last edited by stacyJ on Sun May 16, 2021 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stacyJ

Re: How do you break up with no big drama?

Postby Lillies » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:59 pm

Pack your stuff and go. :( this is too much manipulation. Please leave as soon as you can. You need to be at peace.
Lillies

Postby WildFire » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:27 am

Hey hun,

Firstly, well done for accepting its over and wanting better. I think since you have already spoken to himand he manipulates you, it is best to leave.

Even if you feel you need his consent or agreement, the reality is he wont give it to you. You know youve do e everything to help him but its time to help yourself. You know you have to go, its a matter of time or breaking point. Dont sit on this he will not agree.

Sometimes, we dont get peaceful endings and tidy closure. Its just life, you have to accept and tale action.

I agree, pack your bags, if you want to say things, write him a thank you letter and go. I wouldnt tell him when or how, in case he throws a tantrum.

This is your life. Go live it! And ve proud of yourself for seeing and choosing a different path.

Good luck!
WildFire

Postby jaejae » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:38 am

Acknowledge his emotions and firmly say it’s not working for both of you anymore
jaejae

Postby stacyJ » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:54 am

Thank you for your supportive responses. Praying that we both find our own paths for better
Last edited by stacyJ on Sun May 16, 2021 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stacyJ

Postby Twiki » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:24 pm

It's good that you are planning to move out!
I used to have a boyfriend who tried to manipulate me when I broke up with him, even walked away saying he'd commit suicide. But I stood firm and in the end we split amicable.
Twiki

Postby Brennazeezoo » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:43 pm

Do you have any friends or family around who you could stay with until everything is sorted out? Definitely don't move out alone, people should be there to help to prevent him from losing it or trying to force you to stay.
Brennazeezoo

Postby stacyJ » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:29 am

Twiki wrote:It's good that you are planning to move out!
I used to have a boyfriend who tried to manipulate me when I broke up with him, even walked away saying he'd commit suicide. But I stood firm and in the end we split amicable.
Yeah, hearing the same threatens here. Good to hear that it worked well at the end though.
stacyJ

Postby JusK » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:43 am

I so can relate and wish I had the option to move myself I know I should have 1 got in a relationship with someone after the worst breakup of my life 2. I knew him thru the business of the bad relationship so he seen what I went thru and DISREGARDED a lot of what I was saying because he 3. Is Younger them me by over 8 years (My OTHER Big Mistake BUT I was emotionally unstable and I believe he played on that HARD) yet no excuse for me knowing better yet at the same time feeling so alone and mistaking him being there as him being Thee FOR ME. Over 3 years many break ups and disrespect even a OOP because of Controlling ways when someone in a relationship thinks they can control you or try’s to control you or won’t even give you space when you try to have space to clear your mind it’s time to go and I’m glad to finally say I’m GONE . ??
JusK

Return to Adult Relationship