Wanting to be a teen parent..

Teen health

Wanting to be a teen parent..

Postby Jasminegrace99 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:59 am

So I know im going to get bashed for this but here I go... I'm 16 years old and have been trying for 6 months now. I know I still have a long time to go but this is really starting to put me down and starting to make me worried that I'll never be able to have kids. I want 7 and im so scared that im not even going to be able to have one. Yes btw Im in a long term healthy relationship with my boyfriend and he wants children with me as well. And yes I make money and yes so does my boyfriend. My mom knows about all of this but I dont really know if she understands... Is there anyone else around my age that is the same...
Jasminegrace99

Re: Wanting to be a teen parent..

Postby Wolves2018 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:28 am

You are 16 you are a teen. You have your whole life ahead of you, plus you still have a high school that you have to finish. Focus on your education first.
Wolves2018

Postby neopolitanmastiff » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:09 am

I agree with the above post. It iant very safe to be having kids at 16. Also the world is overpopulated so 7 kids is a lot...
neopolitanmastiff

Postby H8_periods » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:37 pm

Hey, I hear you! Almost all women at some point feel a "pull" or "calling" at some point in their lives to become a mum and it just sounds like yours came a little early. I fully understand that you feel like you must have a child now, but just think about this for me. I get you and your boyfriend have some kind of income at the moment, but imagine yourselves earning the same money with 7 kids to provide for. Would it be possible? The chances are, it probably won't be. My advice is to let this pull you feel motivate you to get super good qualifications so one day you can have an amazing job and be able to provide for all the kids you want. Wouldn't you rather wait a little for the peace of mind that when you do eventually have kids, they will never miss out on a single thing and you will be able to buy them all that they need and more? I know it's easy for me to say, but don't stress about this too much now, just focus on the amazing quality of life you will one day be able to provide for your kids thanks to your awesome school results. I believe in you! X
H8_periods

Postby Sandersides » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:03 am

For me personally I dont want kids for awhile (plus I'm pretty sure I'm lesbian so I would have to adopt) but I have a friend who is in your situation. She says she really wants a baby and I say go for it. If this is really what you want and you are really prepared for it, do it! Wish you luck??
Sandersides

Postby neopolitanmastiff » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:21 am

Sandersides wrote:For me personally I dont want kids for awhile (plus I'm pretty sure I'm lesbian so I would have to adopt) but I have a friend who is in your situation. She says she really wants a baby and I say go for it. If this is really what you want and you are really prepared for it, do it! Wish you luck??

But she most likely couldn't support it and it isnt safe to be having a kid at 16... and the bf could leave at any time. You cant mentally and physically support a child well at 16, when you dont even have a high school diploma you would also probably have to drop out of school if you raise it yourself...
neopolitanmastiff

Postby Sandersides » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:54 pm

neopolitanmastiff wrote:
Sandersides wrote:For me personally I dont want kids for awhile (plus I'm pretty sure I'm lesbian so I would have to adopt) but I have a friend who is in your situation. She says she really wants a baby and I say go for it. If this is really what you want and you are really prepared for it, do it! Wish you luck??

But she most likely couldn't support it and it isnt safe to be having a kid at 16... and the bf could leave at any time. You cant mentally and physically support a child well at 16, when you dont even have a high school diploma you would also probably have to drop out of school if you raise it yourself...

My stepsister had a baby at 16 and her bf stayed, got married, and she finished school and has 2 other kids now and I've asked her and she wouldn't change it. She was able to support it even at that age. And my step Mom didn't help her other then in a grandma position. So it is possible, everyone is different. You can't tell someone, especially someone you haven't met, whether or not they are ready for something in their life just because of their age.
Sandersides

Postby neopolitanmastiff » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:16 am

No but for the most part they can not support a child. Your brain is not fully developed until you are at least in your early 20's and your reproductive parts usually are not quite ready yet either.
neopolitanmastiff

Postby Jasminegrace99 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:34 am

neopolitanmastiff wrote:No but for the most part they can not support a child. Your brain is not fully developed until you are at least in your early 20's and your reproductive parts usually are not quite ready yet either.
trust me im ready. I hit puberty really early and I've developed pretty fast. When I was 8 I had every common thing with a 12 year old. If u saw me in person you wouldn't even think im 16. Everyone thinks
Im 21 or older. I have a mind if a 40 year old women who just wants to be at home on weekends not going to parties, all I want to do is stay home and relax and watch movies with my boyfriend every weekend. Plus I do online school with all A's my grades are amazing. I can pretty much do college online if I had too. As long as I have any job and my boyfriend has a job we would be able to support a child. You nay have not been physically or mentally prepared to have a child when u were 16 but I am. You dont know me, you dont know my boyfriend, you have no idea how I've grown up. Everyone is different. Honestly your the most judgemental person on this post so far.
Jasminegrace99

Postby Jasminegrace99 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:35 am

Thank you I haven't gotten much support on this topic but you have helped honestly. My mom does support me thankfully and thank you for being so kind.
Jasminegrace99

Next

Return to Teen Health