My dad

My dad

Postby DepressedWolf » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:15 pm

I need help.
I love my dad. I love him so much and he’s amazing 50% of the time. But he’s mentally abusive. He doesn’t straight out say things like ‘your worthless’ or ‘we would be better if if you were dead’. In fact he says the complete opposite. But he indicates that. He yells. He screams. Just tonight, I got a small case of food poisoning. I told him and he started yelling. “Why are you telling me?! It’s not my fault you got food poisoning it’s yours! You shouldn’t have eaten. You should have known!” He got so mad and blamed me for being sick. My mum ended up having to intervene and stop him from going any further. My whole life I’ve been scared of him. We never know when he’s going to start yelling. We never know when he’s going to switch from a happy, calm mood, to angry or upset. I can’t handle it any more. His behaviour is the source of my depression. I’ve always felt like I have to prove myself to him, to be the best that I can be. I left my phone charger at my friends house but I didn’t tell him because I didn’t want him to yell at me. I don’t tell him a lot of things. A lot of simple things, and so I end up lying to him. He’ll ask if I’ve brushed my teeth and I’ll always say yes, even if I haven’t, because I don’t want him to get mad. I participate in school sports and I practice all the time because I want him to be proud of me. If I don’t get straight A’s, I get scared and put off talking about my grades for as long as I can. Whenever he yells, it’s like the whole house shuts down. Everyone and everything is quiet. Everyone is still. We can’t fight back. I remember a time when he was angry and yelling at my brother for something his friend did, and I told him that it was the friend and not my brother, and he started screaming at me. I swear he would have slapped me if my mum hadn’t come in at that moment. He’s never harmed us though. He gets offended so easily and makes us feel guilty and manipulates us, so we always end up doing what he want to do. He’ll say things like ‘sure go on the iPads for as long as you want I don’t care.’ And then lock himself in his bedroom until we apologise or something he likes. And we just can’t fight back or anything because it makes him more mad. It’s too dangerous to fight back. Usually whenever he yells, it ends with the person he was yelling at crying, with a huge consequence and my dad gets his way.

I need advise on what to do. Please can someone help.

Ps. He isn’t always like this. When he’s not in a temper, he’s the best dad ever and is supportive, loves us, tells us how much we mean to him. He spends time with us and helps us.
50% of the time he’s nice, the other 50, what I described above.
DepressedWolf

Re: My dad

Postby MrsAllen09 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:37 pm

Im sorry you have to go through that shouldn't nobody be treated like that my inbox always open if you wanna vent rant to me
MrsAllen09

Postby DepressedWolf » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:22 am

Please, I really need advice
DepressedWolf

Postby Allie8 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:17 pm

I am sorry you are going through this.What I would do was tell another family member about it you know like your grandma grandpa or uncle aunt.I would do that if he starts yelling at you for that I would go to the bathroom like he does and lock yourself in it and just in case if he starts to break the door I would climb out the window and call somebody that you trust to come get you.If you can't fight back you need to call a family member.It sounds like he is being abusive if he is tell tour school counselor,or if it gets bad call the police
Allie8

Postby neopolitanmastiff » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:37 pm

That idea cam be dangerous do not escape ok, whoever you stay with your parents can come and take you back and running and self defense doesnt work against parents believe me I have tried they can make your life even worse just go tell someone. if you are not removed it could make it worse, it did for me. Especially If your parents own something they could really threaten to hurt you with.
neopolitanmastiff

Postby DepressedWolf » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:27 am

I HATE HIM. ITS NOT MY FAULT I HAVE DIABETES. oh but apparently it is! Apparently it’s my fault i nearly died! Not because, I was in a coma before I realised it because my levels went down so fast. BUT YOU CANT CONTROL ME. I can run away!!! Oh. Wait. No I can’t. I HAVE DIABETES SO ILL DIE!! He’s taken everything away from me. I can’t contact ANY of my friends or talk to them. I can’t do ANYTHING on my phone except this and my diabetes app. And if he knew about this forum. Guess what. HED TAKE THIS AWAY AS WELL. I don’t know what to do. I can’t handle it any more. I just want to die. I just want to die. I want to die. My sister thinks I’m going crazy. She thinks I have too many mental scars. She’s trying to calm me down now. But nothing can help me any more. My father has done too much damage.
DepressedWolf

Postby RubyVoyager » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:29 am

I’m sorry. She’s having a panic attack and is beyond angry. My dad slapped her and now she’s gone crazy. She’s not thinking straight at all. I’m really sorry about that.
RubyVoyager

Postby Wolfheart » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:36 pm

I know what it’s like my dad is the same my dad is also A Control Freak . But I usually just ignore him and if I have to stand up to him I usually then don’t do well for a few days. So I say just stay away as much as you can
Wolfheart

Postby neopolitanmastiff » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:27 pm

The second your parents hit you. You usually freak out and get scared and angry sometimes resulting in a panic attack. So I am not surprised you are having one wolf. Just try to breathe next time and dont cry, if I cry she usually has this sort of hollow but a little devious looking stare and stares at me. Most parents look a little hurt. Just try not to cry in front of him it just makes things worse. Sometimes it results in more pain. So does he do this to both of you guys or just you wolf?
neopolitanmastiff

Postby RubyVoyager » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:17 pm

He does it to all of us, but it’s usually focused on her. She gets a lot more emotional and angry and gets into ‘trouble’ more often (aka she does things on accident that my dad hates). Thank you for your reply!
RubyVoyager

Next

Return to Relationship with Parents