My bf is homophobic...

My bf is homophobic...

Postby IamNicky » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:06 am

So this is quite hard to talk about...I’m with this guy since more than a month and I really like him but I just learned that he is homophobic and for a reason it’s a huge problem for me...I can’t accept that I have problems with that...You need to know that I have a gay cousin and a lesbian cousin so having a homophobic boyfriend is really not something I want...But I really like him...Can somebody please help me on this subject cause it’s a very hard choice and a sensible subject...Should I break or just go with it?
IamNicky

Re: My bf is homophobic...

Postby Justgivingadvice » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:31 am

Try and communicate with him that you don’t share his view on LGBTQI, and that you have gay family members so it’s a sensitive thing for you. If he starts mouthing off or starts being a di*k, end it. If he calms it down, even if it’s just for your sake, go for it.
Justgivingadvice

Postby Lolita Lillian » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:44 am

Hey. My boyfriend is also homophobic. He cant stand gay men. But I know this is because he was molested by a male pedophile so I dont push him.

But if youre not comfortable being with a homophobic guy just leave him and move on. It clearly bothers you especially as youre posting about it, its clearly on your mind.
Lolita Lillian

Postby sandysanchez22 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:50 pm

I was in a similar situation a while ago. We weren’t dating we were just “talking” but we were headed in that direction. That is until I found out he was homophobic. And that was a major NO for me. I have a gay brother so it’s very personal. However I continued talking to him cause I did like him and I naively thought I could somehow change his mind. But later I realized that that was gonna be impossible. It’s not up to us to change someone else’s mind or beliefs especially if they don’t WANT to change. So I quickly ended things because someone who is not okay with my brother will not be apart of my life. At the end of the day it’s up to you whether you wanna continue in that relationship or not, I’m not trying to tell you what to do. I just wanted to put my experience and opinion out there. Have a nice day!?
sandysanchez22

Postby Shynoodle » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:20 am

If you really love him talk to him about it. Explain why you think it's okay and maybe even explain how it's not a choice and how it's not to different from straight people. Some people just don't understand it so it makes them uncomfortable. I used to be homophobic but now that I have an understanding I'm not.
Shynoodle

Return to Teen Social