God is Real

God is Real

Postby lol_kitty » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:11 am

I just want to put the fact that God is our living creator. I'm going to put it into some kind of analogy.

So if someone were to give you a book and it had all the animals in the world and it described their attributes and characteristics and stuff. It described all the bones or not bones, the habitats, the cool intricate designs and stuff, it would be a cool book wouldn't it. So of course someone had to find these animals and study them and right them down and research them. Then that person would make the awesome informational book about animals. However this person he could've done it on his own but for some reason he wanted to let others take part in the making of the book. So he had some friends and other people to write down the things he said about animals and to look and write the notes he took. Then blah blah the book was made and was published.

Obviously this book didn't make itself. Someone had to make it. It couldn't just spontaneously be formed by some chemical reaction or something. Thought had to be put into it. The same thing is with God. Our universe and everything we see and live in was made by God. He put thought into the design of animals and plants and our bodily design. Everything is precise and technical. And you can tell there is a creator because many living things have the basic arms legs and mouth and stuff. And it's not because of evolution and stuff, it's because the same creator made things according to His design. Creatures made by our same creator do look similar because if his choice for a similar design amongst His creation.

Also, where do we get the week of 7 days from? We get it from God! ?which is cool and fun to think about. God created the universe in 6 days. We know those days as Monday through Saturday. And on the 7th day (Sunday) he rested.

Also, we know BC stand for before Christ's death, and AD stands for after His death. So when we say we are in 2018, we understand that that is 2018 years after our Lord died and rose again.

There are facts of a creator because think of it this way. Let's say there wasn't a God. And we just "happened" to be in existence. Whether from the Big Bang or some other process. So we live and mind our own lives, but we have no purpose, no one to please, so mystery and story in the hand of the Holy One. There wouldn't be Christians, maybe a few religions would just come about, but it would be boring because there is no ultimate goal.
I mean at least I think it would be boring. But God exists and we exist to please Him and honor Him.

And sin. Sin is in the world because of us. Sin exists and God exists. God exists so we can turn from sin and turn to Him. Yes God loves us. Yes bad things happen. But when those bad things happen we cant get mad at God and blame Him, for he has His purpose for everything. Sometimes we simply can't understand Him and it may seem dumb or crazy at the things He does but it is His plan.

And God works for the good of those who love Him and accept Him.

I just thought I should put my thoughts and facts about God's existence.

If you disagree then that's fine but please keep your disagreement calm and genuine. So we can have a simple happy exchange of facts and opinions.

My analogy wasn't really that good but hopefully you understand ??
lol_kitty

Re: God is Real

Postby cacahuate86 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:41 am

Oh boy… Honey, first of all, you should look up „analogy“.

Secondly, let’s do this respectfully, calm and genuine:

lol_kitty wrote:Also, where do we get the week of 7 days from? We get it from God! ?which is cool and fun to think about. God created the universe in 6 days. We know those days as Monday through Saturday. And on the 7th day (Sunday) he rested.
No. We don’t get the week of 7 days from God. We get it from the Babylonian lunar calendar, which used intercalary days to synchronize the last week of a month with the new moon. The Israelites adopted it and brought it back after their exile.

lol_kitty wrote:Also, we know BC stand for before Christ's death, and AD stands for after His death. So when we say we are in 2018, we understand that that is 2018 years after our Lord died and rose again.
As a historian, this makes me cringe. Literally. BC is before Christ’s birth year (his supposed birth, which is dated incorrectly anyway). And AD means anno domini, which is sermo vulgaris Latinus for „The year of the lord“ – meaning, since Jesus‘ birth.
BC and AD has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus‘ death.

lol_kitty wrote:There are facts of a creator because think of it this way. Let's say there wasn't a God. And we just "happened" to be in existence. Whether from the Big Bang or some other process. So we live and mind our own lives, but we have no purpose, no one to please, so mystery and story in the hand of the Holy One. There wouldn't be Christians, maybe a few religions would just come about, but it would be boring because there is no ultimate goal.
I mean at least I think it would be boring. But God exists and we exist to please Him and honor Him.
So, where is the „fact“? and how is survival, enjoyment of your life on earth and interaction with each other automatically not a „purpose“? Why do we need someone to please other than ourselves? And of course there would be Christians! Some guy named „Jesus“ would have still been born and droned on about god and people would still have followed him and ultimately become Christians. Other religions exist – have existed long before Christ and were started after him. How do you explain that if their god or gods don’t exist, in your opinion? How did they then form if, according to you, religions don’t really exist without their god?

lol_kitty wrote:And sin. Sin is in the world because of us. Sin exists and God exists. God exists so we can turn from sin and turn to Him. Yes God loves us. Yes bad things happen. But when those bad things happen we cant get mad at God and blame Him, for he has His purpose for everything. Sometimes we simply can't understand Him and it may seem dumb or crazy at the things He does but it is His plan.
But if god created everything, knows everything, can do everything… he created sin. Or at least the potential for sin. And he knew we would sin. So, he is responsible for sin, not us.
Besides, that’s the age old epicuran paradox, isn’t it? If an omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent god exists, then evil and sin cannot exist. An omnibenevolent being would want to prevail all bad things. An omniscient being knows every way in which sins and evils can come into existence and knows every way in which to prevent them. An omnipotent being has the power to prevent that evil from coming into existence. A being who knows every way in which sin and evil can come into existence, who is able to prevent them from coming into existence, and who wants to do so, would prevent the existence of that evil and sin. So, if there is an omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent god, then no sins or evils should exist. But they do – so there is no god. Or at least not the Christian god, who is meant to be omniscient, omnipotent, and omnibenevolent.

lol_kitty wrote:And God works for the good of those who love Him and accept Him.
Right… that’s why the poorest countries and communities are the most devout ones. That makes sense. Because what’s really „good“ for people is that they have to watch their innocent children starve, have warlords rape their women and daughters, and then ultimately die of cholera in some ditch, while praying to god. That’s very logical.

lol_kitty wrote:I just thought I should put my thoughts and facts about God's existence.
What facts were those again?
Sapere aude
cacahuate86

Postby Zoë T » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:37 pm

@cacahuate I was hoping you'd reply to this post. I read it earlier but I didn't feel like going through it and critiquing everything.

@kitty I don't mind people believing in God, that's fine, it doesn't make sense to me but that's fine. I do mind however, when people say it is a fact that he exists. You can not prove that he exists, you can only believe it. Neither can I prove that he doesn't exist, I just believe that he doesn't exist. You can't prove it either way.
Zoë T

Postby lol_kitty » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:48 pm

I'm srry I'm not great at explaining things. I can't always type my thought process as clear as it is in my head.

But oki doki ?
lol_kitty

Postby cacahuate86 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:49 pm

You need to start understanding the difference between wishful thinking, opinion, and fact. To be fair, spearheaded by American politics these days, it's unsurprising that people are confused about the definitions of those three...
Sapere aude
cacahuate86

Postby lol_kitty » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:51 pm

I know by fact that God is real. And if we live in the time
When he returns, u will see his glory and wonder.
lol_kitty

Postby cacahuate86 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:55 pm

You do understand that that is impossible, right? It is called faith for a reason. If there was any fact or proof behind it, the whole concept would crumble. Something that requires faith, by its very definition, cannot ever have proof. Because then it would be fact. Faith and fact cannot coexist. They are mutually exclusive.
Sapere aude
cacahuate86

Postby lol_kitty » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:09 pm

It's possible and it will happen. It's a promise from God
lol_kitty

Postby cacahuate86 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:22 pm

What will happen?
Sapere aude
cacahuate86

Postby lol_kitty » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:43 pm

At a time unknown to anyone except God the Father, Jesus will come back to the world in His glorified state. Trumpets will sound and Christians will be raptured to heaven or something ( it's in revelation. That book is harder to read and I haven't read it in a while so forgive my vagueness) and God will reign for 1000 to give people a chance to follow Him. Basically the end of the world, but it's Jesus coming back to set things right, there will be no war and stuff...I really need to go back and read it so I can tell u in a more organized fashion. ?
lol_kitty

Next

Return to Teen Social