PCOS/TTC

PCOS/TTC

Postby 2b_Honest » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:08 am

Has anyone conceived to successfully after treating PCOS with metformin and progestin?
I'm nervous
2b_Honest

Re: PCOS/TTC

Postby Nikz » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:45 am

Hi, I have PCOS and was on metformin and baby aspirin. I now have two sons. After my first son my OBGYN told me I didn’t have to take it for my nxt pregnancy.
But unfortunately, I was pregnant before my sons and had a miscarriage, I wasn’t on metformin for that pregnancy.
Nikz

Postby Taberah_V_BH » Sun May 17, 2020 4:27 am

I was diagnosed with POCS a few months ago. My doctor put me on metformin at the moment. I recently got married and I definitely want to have kids but my situation is so scary at the moment. I didn't even tell my husband what's wrong with me. I need some assurance.
Taberah_V_BH

Postby doublenoble » Sun May 17, 2020 6:34 am

I was diagnosed with PCOS shortly after I got married.I was placed on metformin, did a lot of exercise and reduced my carbs.I also did Ovarian drilling to trigger my ovaries. After the drill, I was advised by the nurse who had experienced thr same to try to get pregnant asap after my first baby since the drilling wears off.When the weight had dropped, I was placed on clomid and got pregnant after the first cycle. 6 months after I got pregnant again with my second baby.My kids are 8 & 9 now. Hope this helps
doublenoble

Postby KayelonJean » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:23 pm

This might be a silly question, but A few months ago I went to the hospital and they found cysts on my ovaries. I followed up with a gyno and she diagnosed me with PCOS, but I never heard of those medications you guys are taking. She didn’t give me any advice and what to do moving forward. I just know that my periods come with excruciating pain, but was not educated any more than
that. Should I be taking medication? Should I be eating differently? What changed for you guys?
KayelonJean

Postby Honesty » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:47 am

Yes I conceived after taking metformin and iron and folic acid tablets . Also lost 7% of my body wt by dieting And exercise
Honesty

Postby Rabighazanfar » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:49 pm

Hey , i also have PCO and I'm so worried, I've been married since 1 month before marriage my Dr. Adviced me not to marry yet I'm also taking metformin. My husband knows my not my in laws, really want to conceive asap please pray
Rabighazanfar

Postby Kavusalya Suppiah » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:11 pm

How do you know that you have pcos?What are the symptoms?
Kavusalya Suppiah

Postby Blondegal2932 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:16 pm

KayelonJean wrote:This might be a silly question, but A few months ago I went to the hospital and they found cysts on my ovaries. I followed up with a gyno and she diagnosed me with PCOS, but I never heard of those medications you guys are taking. She didn’t give me any advice and what to do moving forward. I just know that my periods come with excruciating pain, but was not educated any more than
that. Should I be taking medication? Should I be eating differently? What changed for you guys?

I am 36, diagnosed with PCOS when I was 14. I had the pains you refer to for years, but they stopped in my mid 20's. I've had irregular cycles my whole life. I even stopped having a cycle for years. My latest GYN is awesome and explained to me that's not good. If you're not having regular cycles, your uterus isn't healthy. It's important to have regular cycles. Progesterone can help regulate cycles without preventing pregnancy. Or you can take birth control to help regulate things, but counter productive if you're ttc lol
Blondegal2932

Postby PaRich » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:41 am

I read really bad side-effects on metformin. I am gonna be tested for PCOS next week. I am nervous and afraid. Not sure what to expect. But my body is different now. Suddenly weight gain and unwanted hair. I really don't want to take any medications. That being said. Does anyone knows of anything natural ?
PaRich

Next

Return to Fitness & Weight Loss