Who has a mom that does not let their kids have social media

Who has a mom that does not let their kids have social media

Postby Bamagirl220 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:10 pm

I have one of those moms who Doesn’t let me have social media.Like at all! None! No social media. So I don’t know what is going on with people at my school and I hate it! I hate being the last one to know that someone broke up with another 4 weeks before when dated for like 8 months before. So I want to know if there is anyone who also has this problem so I know that I am not alone.
Bamagirl220

Re: Who has a mom that does not let their kids have social m

Postby neopolitanmastiff » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:33 pm

I just got it about a month ago (just insta) but my mom follows me, watches my posts. I can't show my face or anyone else's. I can't use location tags. If I have vacation photos I can't post them until after we leave (if I say where I was) Can't say my age or my name, even what state I live in. etc. Maybe if you promise to do this things they will let you.
neopolitanmastiff

Postby Bamagirl220 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:46 pm

No. She won’t. Cause she has the expression that I’ll follow or add someone without asking and post something without asking.
Bamagirl220

Postby The dancer » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:49 pm

My mom doesn't let me?
The dancer

Postby Allie8 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:58 am

My mom doesn't let me on social media either. She won't let me Google anything. She has this app that can do anything on my phone like delete apps or disable them.
Allie8

Postby neopolitanmastiff » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:35 am

Allie8 wrote:My mom doesn't let me on social media either. She won't let me Google anything. She has this app that can do anything on my phone like delete apps or disable them.

How are you gonna learn stuff if you don't have Google!?!
neopolitanmastiff

Postby flopsy » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:33 pm

Encyclopedia and other reference books
flopsy

Postby flopsy » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:37 pm

I don't have social media. I definitely don't miss having it. Leaves more time for more important things.
flopsy

Postby lady_constellation_ » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:15 pm

Allie8 wrote:My mom doesn't let me on social media either. She won't let me Google anything. She has this app that can do anything on my phone like delete apps or disable them.

exactly my mom too! it’s so difficult and annoying, but i know she means well. she reads all these things about people being kidnapped or whatever so she gets super paranoid.
lady_constellation_

Postby Tanni-77 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:38 pm

neopolitanmastiff wrote:I just got it about a month ago (just insta) but my mom follows me, watches my posts. I can't show my face or anyone else's. I can't use location tags. If I
have vacation photos I can't post them until after we leave (if I say where I was) Can't say my age or my name, even what state I live in. etc. Maybe if you promise to do this things they will let you.

Honestly that personal information is actually important to keep from social media... there alot of dangerous stalkers on social media and ik because I am a victim of black mail...and now any number that pops up on my phone I freak out any weird person that follows me I freak out. They knew every detail of my life. Keeping personal business from social media is extremely important.

I dont see a problem with having social media but try to be as safe as possible. The information these apps ask you for can be misused and put u in trouble. Also be careful what kinds of pics n videos u take because even tho u dont post it. They have access to it once it's on the phone.

So be extremely safe. Blackmail is not a fun feeling. Not saying itll happen to you but be very careful.
Tanni-77

Next

Return to Relationship with Parents