Natural birth advice PLEASE!!!

Natural birth advice PLEASE!!!

Postby LisonbeeQueen » Fri May 03, 2019 1:51 pm

Hello ladies!! I have always wanted to do natural childbirth since I was in high school. My mom did it with my youngest brother and I have several aunts that did it and they loved it. I have talked to them about their experiences and now I’d like to ask you guys :) I’m 23 weeks pregnant now, so I’m really starting to do my research. I have read some books and I wondering what method did you use for pain management? Also feel free to share your stories. I’d prefer not to be freaked out, so maybe those that have more uplifting stories about it haha.

Also there are no midwives close to me and not really any doulas. So I am stuck with an OB, and she’s not the one that will be delivering my baby. My husband is in medical school and the OB that I’m seeing and the one that delivers her patients babies both teach there. He said the one that’s probably delivering the baby is amazing and really knows her stuff. I’m just nervous because I’ve already had to be somewhat blunt about certain things with my OB and I really want to have a natural and somewhat relaxed birth (as relaxed and no stressed as childbirth can be haha). Anyway, has anyone on here had a natural birth with an OB? And how did it turn out?
LisonbeeQueen

Re: Natural birth advice PLEASE!!!

Postby MrsAllen09 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:47 am

With my daughter every went fast i had a epidural so i didnt feel at thing i remember talking to my oldest sister mother and oldest niece about pregnancy high ? my daughter father was there too. But mainly i was shaking couldnt wait now she 2 had here in Detroit Michigan

My son labor was kinda hard my water broke while i was sleep thought i peed myself at 6am in the morning i call my mother had to drive over the long Pensacola FL bridge to sacred heart hospital contraction was coming but not close together around 9am baby wasnt here yet so i got medication to help speed it up no epidural this time pain wasnt to bad til his arm got stuck and he was out by late part of 10 and the early part of 11 and he will be 1 next month

And now im pregnant with my 3rd
MrsAllen09

Postby Dash_Of_L0v3 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:24 pm

I tried natural recently with the laughing gas, hydro pool, and the yoga position of balls. There comes a moment When it gets so unbearable that you kinda start forgetting how to breath. My advice when you get to that point epidural! Yoga ball position, laying down, with birth meditation headphones really helped me. I felt absolutely nothing until baby was crowning. It was very smooth. Another thing... learn how to squirt!!! It might sound crazy but if you know how to squirt with your partner when it times comes, the baby is crowning you will know and feel exactly where to push out. Squirting is fun too, so if you are new to it, you might enjoy it a bit. Also making easier for your delivery day.
Dash_Of_L0v3

Postby Dash_Of_L0v3 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:37 pm

I had a birthing plan that I gave my ob. I had a scheduled induction because my water did not break with my first child and it looked like the same would happen this time around. Let me tell you it was wonderful. My OB and nurses already knew what I wanted. Through out the the time we got to try everything. The bouncing on yoga balls, hydro pool, laughing gas, it was fun experience though know when to say yes to the epidural. I just was feeling a lot of pain and squeezing the heck out of my husbands hand lol. Finding it hard to breath. So I said get that epidural lol. And you something it was smooth sailing. I feel a sleep a couple of times. And then had a small barf, nurse checked me and it was time to push. It was so beautiful every nurse was cheering me on and was so helpful. The ob told me when to push and when to relax. My husband was cheering me on as well. I felt an amazing abundance of unconditional love and happiness. Everyone was absolutely kind.
Dash_Of_L0v3

Postby Shayyybaby1 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:22 am

Best advice I can give u is avoid pitocin! It makes the contractions unbearable
Shayyybaby1

Postby HopefulMomma1 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:13 am

My first was all natural. I had a quick labor of only 2 hours once I got to hospital, labored at home so when I arrived I was at 6cm. Focus on breathing, find a focal point and just focus on one contraction at a time. Yes, it does get to the point it seems unbearable, this is known as transitioning. Rely on your birth partner to help you through. I managed without any medication and I’m so thankful I did. No tearing, no back issues from an epidural, no unwanted meds to my baby. I’m due Wednesday and im doing the same this go round. Best wishes!!
HopefulMomma1

Postby Shadowkattey23 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:05 pm

My second brith was semi natural i had 2 membrane sweeps done before labour started the it was all natural and not by my choice baby girl wanted out by that point i went in at 330am with moderate pain to getting there and being seen at 5 something to wqlkinh 5 mins from assessment to my main bed going from 5cm to 8 in that time to pushing out a baby by 746 am it went so fast they called the epidural guy but when he got there i couldnt sit up beacuse her head was right there that it hurt to even try sitting now shes a 10.5 pounds baby and growing like a weed
Shadowkattey23

Postby Hadah » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:43 am

LisonbeeQueen wrote:Hello ladies!! I have always wanted to do natural childbirth since I was in high school. My mom did it with my youngest brother and I have several aunts that did it and they loved it. I have talked to them about their experiences and now I’d like to ask you guys :) I’m 23 weeks pregnant now, so I’m really starting to do my research. I have read some books and I wondering what method did you use for pain management? Also feel free to share your stories. I’d prefer not to be freaked out, so maybe those that have more uplifting stories about it haha.

Also there are no midwives close to me and not really any doulas. So I am stuck with an OB, and she’s not the one that will be delivering my baby. My husband is in medical school and the OB that I’m seeing and the one that delivers her patients babies both teach there. He said the one that’s probably delivering the baby is amazing and really knows her stuff. I’m just nervous because I’ve already had to be somewhat blunt about certain things with my OB and I really want to have a natural and somewhat relaxed birth (as relaxed and no stressed as childbirth can be haha). Anyway, has anyone on here had a natural birth with an OB? And how did it turn out?

I gave birth to 4 children I’m 4”11 and my pregnancy weight was 120 pounds I did all natural no epidural or any drug for pain (I just deal with the pain) but I been reading and looking at videos and breathing helps with a lot of stuff you should totally read and research more about it!!!
You got it girl!!!!! You can do it all natural!!!
Hadah

Postby Kittyeyes » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:15 pm

Hi ladies I am 33 weeks pregnant and this is my first and I would like to give normal birth so I wanted to know was there any pain after birth how did your virgina feel?
Kittyeyes

Postby Rkb123 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:46 pm

Kittyeyes wrote:Hi ladies I am 33 weeks pregnant and this is my first and I would like to give normal birth so I wanted to know was there any pain after birth how did your virgina feel?

I gave normal birth a month ago. I got some stitches down there so initial two weeks I took pain killer, plus dermoplast spray that numbs bottom so those things helped. Sitz bath helps with healing. The only suggestion I would give is ensure you drink a lot of water after delivery and take stool softener medication because passing stool is scary business until you heal.

Use pads which are chemical free (or reusable) to avoid skin irritation around stitches.
Rkb123

Next

Return to Laber & Delivery