Clothes

Clothes

Postby Savage_Teddy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:03 pm

So when my mom gets me clothes when I'm not around or whenever she takes me with her to pick out clothes it seems like she complains about what I like to wear and what she thinks that will looks good on me. The clothes that she picks out is always something that she likes. But when I pick out something she doesn't like it. Like if I were to pick out something like a collared polo shirt and a khaki skirt she says that it looks too plain. But to me that's something that's either casual or business casual. But when I asked her if I could get more skirts back when I was in tenth grade (when I was 15 and this was theee years ago)she said no because she's not going to be getting me anymore because I'm not going wear anymore skirts. Why won't she let me wear skirts anymore? Because when I was growing up she made wear dresses to church or on certain occasions and sometimes to school. Why is that she expects me to wear dresses but not skirts or skorts(skirts with shorts sewn in them)? For example when I went to prom I wanted to wear a simple prom dress with short sleeves but the ones I liked were too plain to her. But when I went to prom for the second time last school year some of the dresses I liked were too plain so I decided to go with a two piece prom dress and she didn't care. Why is it that she won't let me wear what I like and what I think looks good on me but the things she said that looks good on me she wants me to wear? And why does she complain about me not wearing shorts out and about it public? I wear shorts but I wear them for when I used to do P.E. in school and I more than likely wear them to sleep in or wear around the house. I normally wear jeans and a shirt.
Savage_Teddy

Re: Clothes

Postby Lopez » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:46 am

She wants you to always look smart and matual
Lopez

Postby Savage_Teddy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:20 pm

Lopez wrote:She wants you to always look smart and matual

Well I feel like she doesn't because she won't buy me any clothes that are mature and smart for example I don't have any collared polo shirts or professional shirts or skirts because my parents won't buy me any of those things and I do have a few really nice black dresses but I know that they're not acceptable as business professional. I also feel like she is trying to keep me from wearing plain solid colors because she says that it looks boring and that people are going to make fun of me. When I try to pick out clothes I try to go for professional wear and but it feels like she's just complaining about that. But if she's picks it out sometimes the jeans she picks out have the holes in them and sometimes the the shirts she picks out have the spaghetti straps or they're to tight.
She asked my why don't I wear shorts in public and she buys me super skinny jeans or skinny jeans when I keep telling her that I don't wear super tight clothes because of the way they feel on me. And when I ask my stepdad if I can get business professional clothes for my business classes but he said that I don't need it just wear what I have. Some of the jeans I have got the holes in them that my mom had bought me and I don't like showing a bunch of skin.
Savage_Teddy

Postby Bunny7 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:09 pm

Why don't you just buy your own clothes. I wish my mom would pick out the clothes that your mother does. Mine prefers stuff that my grandmother would wear ?
Bunny7

Postby 18295bp » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:26 am

I know how u feel at my dads I don’t like going shopping with him or my step mom because they want me to dress like a Barbie doll or something like I’ll pick out something and then they say no that’s not cute where then they pick out something that is way more girly than my style and every time I wear my ripped jeans to my dads house he says he’s going to take them and burn them in the burn barrow and the when I stay there and stuff none of the jeans I have there fit me so I always have to bring an outfit for the next day in my book bag because otherwise I would might as well go in to public with pjs on because literally none of the clothes fit me
18295bp

Postby Jgood » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:41 pm

Get a job and buy your own clothes
Jgood

Postby Savage_Teddy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:54 pm

Jgood wrote:Get a job and buy your own clothes

They keep telling me that and I'm trying and I'm trying to get my license. But my mom works most of the time and it feels like my stepdad is too scared to let me drive his tahoe
Savage_Teddy

Postby Awesomeness56 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:35 am

My mom doesn't care what I wear as long as it isn't booty shorts or crop tops without a tank top under it. I'm allowed to show shoulder too. But I'm definitely a tom boy and my mom doesn't care because she was like me at my age. I don't get why some parents think that their daughters have to wear something girly because they're a girl. Or why they have to like pink and stuff like that. Sometimes I buy t-shirts from the guys section.
Awesomeness56

Postby Wolves2018 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:40 am

Awesomeness56 wrote:My mom doesn't care what I wear as long as it isn't booty shorts or crop tops without a tank top under it. I'm allowed to show shoulder too. But I'm definitely a tom boy and my mom doesn't care because she was like me at my age. I don't get why some parents think that their daughters have to wear something girly because they're a girl. Or why they have to like pink and stuff like that. Sometimes I buy t-shirts from the guys section.
you are under age to be able to use the adult forums. Please stay with the teen forums until you are 18.
Wolves2018

Postby Brooklynrebecca322 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:05 am

Sit down and have a nice long talk with your mom. Explain to her in a very adult way why you want the clothes you want. Tell her that you like her style, but it's just not your own. Talk about how you want to look modest, and, if she brings it up, respectfully tell her that you would rather have people think you were boring than think of you as a sexual object. Tell her that you're willing to pay for some of the clothes yourself. Explain that you would like to get a job, but you are going to depend on her and your stepdad for transportation. Let her know how careful you'll be, and offer to help pay for gas after your first paycheck. Talk a lot about this being your "next step towards maturity". Constantly mention how you know she loves you and has your best interest at heart. Remind her that you love her too. Tell her that you'll always be her little girl, but in the world, you're not a little girl anymore, and you need to prepare to be an adult. Whatever you do, make sure that you're mature about it.
Good luck!
Brooklynrebecca322

Next

Return to Fashion