46%
Islam
53%
Judaism
1%

Total votes : 446

Religions..Confused

Postby Lisa171717 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:28 pm

Hi girls, so some of you know that I am new to christianity. But I feel confused like I can't decide which religion to follow. Is christianity the true religion. I don't believe in Judaism, never. But I am confused between Islam and christianity. It's like each religion has something that attracts me to it. First, in chrisrianity how is Jesus our Lord if he is human like us.... but I believe in everything else that the bible mentions. In Islam, why would the prophet P.B.U.H have s*x with a 9 year old? Why is Hijab neccessary? Lots of questions. It's like I am into christianity and I truly loved it but something inside me says that Islam has some nice stuff too other than the pedophilia that I've read about. I am really confused and tired. I love God and I want to be close to Him but HOW? Pray like a christian or convert to Islam or Judaism??? Or what? What shall I do? Thanks a lot..
Last edited by Lisa171717 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lisa171717

Re: Religions..Confused

Postby Indecisive70 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:52 pm

Personally i think Christianity is the way to go. With Jesus, he is really God coming down to expericnce life as a human and eventually forgive us of all our sins. God saw that people were falling, so He wanted to give them grace and forviveness. As long as you believe in God and Jesus Christ and try to do well, you will go to heaven. In Islam, only a certain number of people go to heaven where they get a planet with 100 virgins, bit not many people get to go. Also, if your a muslim, you will be basically owned by your man and the religion is much more demanding. In Christianity, you and your hisband are owned by God, you answer to God. Christian men are typically nicer than Islamic men. I think Christianity is more appealing.
Indecisive70

Postby Lisa171717 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:04 pm

Indecisive70 wrote:Personally i think Christianity is the way to go. With Jesus, he is really God coming down to expericnce life as a human and eventually forgive us of all our sins. God saw that people were falling, so He wanted to give them grace and forviveness. As long as you believe in God and Jesus Christ and try to do well, you will go to heaven. In Islam, only a certain number of people go to heaven where they get a planet with 100 virgins, bit not many people get to go. Also, if your a muslim, you will be basically owned by your man and the religion is much more demanding. In Christianity, you and your hisband are owned by God, you answer to God. Christian men are typically nicer than Islamic men. I think Christianity is more appealing.

I am a new christian, and what you said about Islam is what made me have doubts about the religion because I felt that Islam showed God as scary and I've never felt that it could be the right religion (no offense) but in christianity I felt that God is shown as loving and forgiving.
Lisa171717

Postby APGU » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:24 am

My advise is do more research from the ryt sources cz there are many misleading sites nowadays. It's not true that the prophet (pbuh) 'had s*x with a 9 yr old'.As for the Hajib it is for modesty in Islam a woman is so precious, special and beautiful that no1 else apart from her close relatives n husband should see her beauty... Just like the way royals used to cover up in the past bcoz not just any1 was allowed to see them. For the other post among the beautiful 99 names and attributes of Allah He is described as the most merciful, forgiving, kind, generous, the protector, guide n many much more. These attributes are also used and r all from the Quran.
APGU

Postby APGU » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:26 am

My advise is do more research from the ryt sources cz there are many misleading sites nowadays. It's not true that the prophet (pbuh) 'had s*x with a 9 yr old'.As for the Hajib it is for modesty in Islam a woman is so precious, special and beautiful that no1 else apart from her close relatives n husband should see her beauty... Just like the way royals used to cover up in the past bcoz not just any1 was allowed to see them. For the other post among the beautiful 99 names and attributes of Allah He is described as the most merciful, forgiving, kind, generous, the protector, guide n many much more. These attributes are also used and r all from the Quran.
APGU

Postby Lisa171717 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:36 pm

Well I think that I am under a spiritual attack :( all the signs that I've read are matching with the stuff I am experiencing omg.. I wish I can make it
Lisa171717

Postby 01 PC » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:42 pm

Hello!,
I want to say, understanding the bible is like discovering a mystery, before reading its good if you pray, so you can be able to understand what's it truly means, like understanding about Jesus, Jesus is not human, I'm going to try to explain briefly with an example: imagine you are in a field, and you see ants, you love ants, an then you see a huge tractor coming right the way they are and they are going to die, then you decide to become an ant so you an tell them to scape, to run! So you do it but only few ants will believe what you say because you are an ant how could you know that kind of stuff?! So you try to make things for they to believe, miracles etc. and ant the end only few ants believe in you, you finished your work so you let the ants and go back to your human shape..... I hope you can understand what I try to say, Jesus came with the shape and debilities of a human being, but he wasn't a human, he is god who came in the shape of human to show us the way, the truth and the life. This are the basis of being a Christian, is to believe by faith in the things we can't see but we can feel. There is a lot to explain, if you still have doubts tell me and we can find a way to be in conact and explain every thing you want :) And I can recommend you some songs or movies that explain ;)
01 PC

Postby 01 PC » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:47 pm

I forgot I tell you: there is a very good YouTube page called - bible study projects - it explains lot of topics in animated way, is very interesting and nothing boring... Give it a look :D
01 PC

Postby Lisa171717 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:04 pm

01 PC wrote:Hello!,
I want to say, understanding the bible is like discovering a mystery, before reading its good if you pray, so you can be able to understand what's it truly means, like understanding about Jesus, Jesus is not human, I'm going to try to explain briefly with an example: imagine you are in a field, and you see ants, you love ants, an then you see a huge tractor coming right the way they are and they are going to die, then you decide to become an ant so you an tell them to scape, to run! So you do it but only few ants will believe what you say because you are an ant how could you know that kind of stuff?! So you try to make things for they to believe, miracles etc. and ant the end only few ants believe in you, you finished your work so you let the ants and go back to your human shape..... I hope you can understand what I try to say, Jesus came with the shape and debilities of a human being, but he wasn't a human, he is god who came in the shape of human to show us the way, the truth and the life. This are the basis of being a Christian, is to believe by faith in the things we can't see but we can feel. There is a lot to explain, if you still have doubts tell me and we can find a way to be in conact and explain every thing you want :) And I can recommend you some songs or movies that explain ;)

Omg thank you soo much. You explained it in a really perfect way and I git it now. Because I wasn't raised in a christian family, I have no one to teach me about it soo it was a bit hard for me. Really thanks and btw I'd like to keep in contact with you ♡
Lisa171717

Postby Ashology » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:31 pm

Quite frankly religion doesn't bother me i just dont care. My mom grew up SDA but experienced alot of other religious practices growing up my grandad on my dads side is roman catholic grandmom on dads side atheist n alcoholic :) grandad on moms SDA grandmom on moms side Shouter Baptist. I was christened in an Anglican church went to Anglican, Roman Catholic, Hindu and Baptist schools. My dad converted from Coptic Christian to Islam. My cousin is Buddhism. My family across the entire globe have many different views and dispositions on religion.
I have a wide knowledge on them. In conclusion there is but only one God/ supreme being that apparently made all life, and different nations and people havr different interpretations. Everyone is arguing which is better which is just n holy and all that bullshit. I honestly don't give a fucck.
People will continue to argue n follow blindly to idols n gods who may not even truly exist

As for the statement about jesus n god not being human okay sure but what about that crap abput making us in his own likeness? Idk idc but one thing is for sure that they're definitely not human. We are. And humans can be fuccking terrible people. Religion.. no disrespect to the bible hugger reading this but fucck it. Misinterpretation of "Religion" is taking lives every day, every hour, every minute that goes by someone has died due to the arguement of supremacy n religion.
Ashology

Next

Return to Teen Social