Positive opk after intercourse

Try to conceive, I really want a baby!

Positive opk after intercourse

Postby Pam2020 » Sun May 09, 2021 4:30 pm

Hi all

Bit of advise really appreciated me and my OH have been TTC but never have any luck with OPK we dtd yesterday and today I was feeling little sluggish so did an opk and it's positive. He is away the next couple of days visiting his parents so I'm wondering would yesterday be enough if I'm only getting a positive opk today or would it be another misses window? can't believe the bad timing of it!
Pam2020

Re: Positive opk after intercourse

Postby Ever-ely » Sun May 09, 2021 8:06 pm

You’re still in with a good chance. Sperm can survive in there and wait around for an egg to be released for a number of days.
Ever-ely

Postby Pam2020 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:47 am

Today opk was negative so I assume that means I peaked fertility in the last day or two. Does anyone know getting a positive opk does that mean you actually only ovulate a day or two later (and can get a negative opk on the actual ovulation day?) It's all very technical 🤦‍♀️
Pam2020

Postby Pam2020 » Tue May 11, 2021 10:22 am

Sorry another question.. odd but had EWCM this morning (Tuesday) had positive opk Sunday and negative Monday and today. Is it possible to get EWCM after ovulation (assume I ov yesterday)? Was a good bit the last couple of days but just alot more this morning than any other day! Thought you didn't get it post ovulation. Had a bit of cramping and nausea yesterday aswell so was assuming it was the day!
Pam2020

Postby Ever-ely » Tue May 11, 2021 10:58 am

Symptoms can carry over both before and after ovulation. Which is why symptom spotting isn’t very exact... but it’s cheaper than using OPKs for multiple days every month. Paying attention to your body’s symptoms and using the OPKs over a couple of cycles you should start to see some patterns and get more accurate at predicting it without the tests. Hopefully you get pregnant though and don’t have to keep tracking!
Ever-ely

Return to TTC(Try to conceive)