About to start IVF (First timer)

Re: About to start IVF (First timer)

Postby Orange_groves » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:41 pm

Hi everyone, I've been through IVF four times and wanted to say feel free to ask me any questions. I managed to succeed on my final attempt and completely understand how much of a rollercoaster it is, both physically and emotionally X
Orange_groves

Postby Sonya123 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:35 am

Orange_groves wrote:Hi everyone, I've been through IVF four times and wanted to say feel free to ask me any questions. I managed to succeed on my final attempt and completely understand how much of a rollercoaster it is, both physically and emotionally X

Thanks!! It means a lot
Sonya123

Postby Leti » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:17 am

Hi Sonya123. This is such great news to read that FS advised sperm characteristics are not so bad 😊 And great thinking not to waste a cycle and go for an IUI in the meantime, I agree 100%. I wish you guys all the best and no matters the how as long as it brings a baby πŸ˜‡

This cycle is my very first one so I don't know as much as Orange_groves for example but I have to say that I imagined ICSI so much worse and lenghty. So far it's been really good and I never doubted it could not work. I'll be crushed if it doesn't but decided to deal with that if and when it happens not beforehand in the doubt it would not... Too much ifs and worries for nothing if it ends with a baby 😍 Easier said than done for sure but it's in my nature to be over optimistic πŸ˜‰

I first contacted the fertility clinic on Jan 4th and actually got my fresh transfer this morning. Got 11 eggs collected on Apr 12th out of which 6 got fertilised. FS said this morning the embryo looked "really good" so I was over the moon. Another embryo looks good for freezing tonight and two more might be good too, to be confirmed on Monday.

I also agree so much on the addictive side of checking forums so I'll try not to during TWW... We'll see how I stick to that... Or not πŸ˜‚

Hi TMS, how was your first appointment on Tuesday? Did you guys get some tests' results?

Hi Dammy74. Waouh! Congratulations!! I wish you the very best and healthiest for the rest of your pregnancy...and after πŸ˜‰ It's so nice to have an update on your situation and know that it went all well for you. Thank you also for your advice on staying relaxed. I actually thought of you and your words after eggs collection when I started wondering and thinking the 5 days would be just too long to wait. I'm keeping your advice in mind especially for the two weeks to come 😊
Leti

Postby TMS » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:05 am

Hi leti sorry not been on for a while I’ve had a mini freak out! It’s all getting a bit too real for me and my anxiety is through the roof! So I have my ultrasound on Wednesday, my partner had his detailed seaman test the week after. She has everything else from me, I don’t know my AMH results yet as they wasn’t back before my appointment but I should get them at the next appointment she said that will be after the ultrasound and my partners test.
I feel like it’s happening all too fast now and I’m really overwhelmed. I’m hoping it’s normal to feel this way, I’ve waited and wanted to have a baby for so long I guess I didn’t imagine it happening this way but it is what it is.
That’s so exciting for you that your embryo has fertilised I’m over the moon for you!!! Are you now in the TWW period or are you still waiting on the embryo transfer?
TMS

Postby DFuhr87 » Sun May 09, 2021 5:21 pm

I am sooooo happy to find this forum.

I too, will hopefully be starting my IVF journey this year 🀞 I have severely damaged tubes thanks to health issues and previous surgeries, so my FS wants to remove the tubes and go for IVF. I have learned so much from this forum so thanks for that and congratulations to those who have conceived already. We are some strong biotches 🀣

I am currently waiting to do HSG to check on the damage and I have already done AMH and hubby has already done a semen analysis. I dont have the results either and was super worried that when I do go for IVF that they were going to tell me that his sperm was garbage and we would have to use a sperm donor, so hearing you can do ICSI with IVF has lifted a lot of weight off my shoulders. We only get one funded cycle here in Ontario, Canada before we have to pay and all of my eggs are in this basket (pun intended lol) Wishing everyone best of luck for this journey and im sure I will have loads more questions the closer I get to IVF.
DFuhr87

Postby Leti » Tue May 11, 2021 3:31 pm

Hi TMS. No worries at all, I completely understand and it's been a good while since my last post too 😊 It is nice to hear that things are moving forward for you guys. And I agree when you say that you feel it's all going really fast maybe because you never imagined you would become a mom this way. After meeting the FS for the 1st time (first 2 appointments were with fertility clinic GP) I could not believe that I would start injections on my next period cycle 😨...but I've told myself "yeah, why wait". I somehow thought it would take a few months before that so I was quite surprised.

At the time of your last message (Apr-18), I was 1 day post 5 day fresh fertilised egg transfer. When we got into the procedure room we were told it was looking "really, really good" and I swear the nurse looked excited. The atmosphere got me super confident and convinced it would work plus our fertilised egg was then displayed on screen and I thought "this is an IVF silver lining" πŸ˜‡ The two weeks wait was OK until the last 2 days. I stopped checking forums and listened to my body food and sleep wise. I then freaked out the last 2 days because I was so sure I was pregnant I worried how devasted I would be if not. I felt my breasts a little sore but not too much and my tummy was "super active" making weird noise like when you're starving. I didn't know what was going on in there but something was definitely happening. We were supposed to get the results the day after the blood test before midday..... We were called at 3:45. No need to mentioned I bit all my nails thay day, lol.

When the nurse contacted us she sounded very relaxed and not worried at all to be late for the phone call. It didn't matter too long as she told me I am pregnant 😍😍😍. I am now 5 weeks and 5 days and it feels odd to write those words as I used to read them for other women. I am over the moon but weirdly still don't fully grasp that a tiny human is now growing inside of me. I guess it will become more and more "believable" as my body starts transforming.

All in all sharing my experience and listening to other women helped a lot but in the TWW I really felt the need to back off. I feel blessed and extremely grateful that I got pregnant on our first IVF/ICSI transfer and wish you and other women on this forum the same fortunate outcome. Please keep me updated if you have time and all the very best to you guys 😊😘
Leti

Postby Sonya123 » Wed May 12, 2021 2:47 pm

Leti wrote:Hi TMS. No worries at all, I completely understand and it's been a good while since my last post too 😊 It is nice to hear that things are moving forward for you guys. And I agree when you say that you feel it's all going really fast maybe because you never imagined you would become a mom this way. After meeting the FS for the 1st time (first 2 appointments were with fertility clinic GP) I could not believe that I would start injections on my next period cycle 😨...but I've told myself "yeah, why wait". I somehow thought it would take a few months before that so I was quite surprised.

At the time of your last message (Apr-18), I was 1 day post 5 day fresh fertilised egg transfer. When we got into the procedure room we were told it was looking "really, really good" and I swear the nurse looked excited. The atmosphere got me super confident and convinced it would work plus our fertilised egg was then displayed on screen and I thought "this is an IVF silver lining" πŸ˜‡ The two weeks wait was OK until the last 2 days. I stopped checking forums and listened to my body food and sleep wise. I then freaked out the last 2 days because I was so sure I was pregnant I worried how devasted I would be if not. I felt my breasts a little sore but not too much and my tummy was "super active" making weird noise like when you're starving. I didn't know what was going on in there but something was definitely happening. We were supposed to get the results the day after the blood test before midday..... We were called at 3:45. No need to mentioned I bit all my nails thay day, lol.

When the nurse contacted us she sounded very relaxed and not worried at all to be late for the phone call. It didn't matter too long as she told me I am pregnant 😍😍😍. I am now 5 weeks and 5 days and it feels odd to write those words as I used to read them for other women. I am over the moon but weirdly still don't fully grasp that a tiny human is now growing inside of me. I guess it will become more and more "believable" as my body starts transforming.

All in all sharing my experience and listening to other women helped a lot but in the TWW I really felt the need to back off. I feel blessed and extremely grateful that I got pregnant on our first IVF/ICSI transfer and wish you and other women on this forum the same fortunate outcome. Please keep me updated if you have time and all the very best to you guys 😊😘

Great to hear about your story.. I had my 1st iui and it did not work.. so am planning to go for ivf after my 2nd iui.. after listening to your story it gives me courage and I am mentally and physically prepping myself for ivf with icsi.. somewhere I have a feeling that its the only way its going to work for me.. So rather than having 3 iuis I have decided to go for only 2 and directly move to Ivf..
Sonya123

Postby DFuhr87 » Wed May 12, 2021 10:00 pm

Hi Sonya, I am so sorry it didn't work 😭

I'm currently debating leaving my fertility clinic for a different one. This whole experience has been horrible, they lack communication and the doctor is super rude and I honestly learned more from Google then him. I dont think I could do IVF with them and be successful unless something changed. Also, its been a month and im currently playing telephone tag trying to get hubby's semen analysis results. They kinda feel like they are being shady and using this to their advantage for more $$ later on by not giving us the results. I would rather leave now at the beginning then be invested. I also only want to do HSG once as I know it will be painful so if im out I would rather wait on that with the new clinic and not have to do it twice.
DFuhr87

Postby Angel2525 » Sun May 23, 2021 4:54 pm

Hi @leti, congratulations for your pregnancy. Wish you a healthy nine months ahead. I am also in Australia and planning to see a FS in Sydney. Have been trying to conceive since last 2 years. All results seem normal for me and my husband. Can you please suggest the clinic you consulted for ICSI cycle?
Angel2525

Previous

Return to IVF-ET