About to start IVF (First timer)

Re: About to start IVF (First timer)

Postby Leti » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:56 am

Wow! We just posted almost at the same time!! How funny is that!! I'm so happy for you TMS πŸ˜πŸŽ‰!! So not much longer to wait then!!
On our first appointment they asked us a lot of questions about our health, family medical conditions, any medicine we were taking, my period (regular? painful? heavy or ligh flow?). We were also asked if we ever felt pain while being intimate, if we had been pregnant or had an abortion before so the doctor could get a good idea of our situation. I didn't ask any questions at the time as we were told they needed us to do some tests for them to know what was going on inside and be able to advise what the next steps would be.
Both hubby and I had to do blood and urine tests. He also had to do a new semen analysis and I had to do a external and internal scan to check my ovaries. All my tests were to be done between day 2 and 5 of my cycle.
I'm getting super excited for you as I remember that I was more and more as the days went by. Keep me posted if you want to, I'll be super happy to share more as we go 😊
Leti

Postby Leti » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:06 am

When we had our first appointment I felt as if we were starting brand new. As you said I felt hopeful again and yes! I also picture myself as becoming a mom now. Everything seems possible now and the joy is back!! I'm so so happy reading your last message as your vibe seems to have definitely shifted 😊🌞
PS. Cuppa and brownie are the life πŸ˜‚πŸ™Š
Leti

Postby TMS » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:06 pm

Aww thank you so much, I’m excited to get started with it all. Talking about medical conditions and family medical history, very recently my mum had been diagnosed with ovarian cancer, my dads mum also had oviaran cancer and died from that, is this something I should tell them at my appointment, I’m worried it’s going to affect the treatment, or worried they will change their mind, I know I’m probably been silly. I will keep you updated with my process, and will you let me know what happens next with yours, it’s good to have someone to talk to through this, definitely having a brownie and a cuppa is life! πŸ’•πŸ™Š
TMS

Postby Pulin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:00 pm

Hi Ladies,
Glad to hear your experiences. Wish you all the best in this tough times. I read before about the brownie and the cup of tea and that definitely sounds like a nice treat :)
My husband and I started on Wednesday our ICSI treatment. A daily injection of Gonal-f 900 for four days and then another four in combination with Orgalutran. So far I'm dealing with the injections better than expected. However I feel quite anxious about this process and the no-garanties.

Our fertility center want as to decide if once the egg retrieval, we would like to have implantation on day 2-3 or in blastocyst stage. Does anyone know what's recommended? Here in Germany is an extra that is not cover by the insurance. It's pretty overwhelming and find pretty hard to decide what's the best to do.
Hope you all are doing good!
Pulin

Postby Leti » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:28 pm

Hi ladies,

@TMS, I'm super happy that you finally have a day for your appointment and share your excitement! It's really sad to hear that ovarian cancer has been in your familly though and I am really sorry for your mom. I would however mention it at the appointment if I were you as it should help the doctors understanding your situation better and pinpoint the most appropriate treatment for your particular case.
And yes! Let's keep each other posted. I've only told my mom and sister but I feel like I also need to speak about this journey with women going through the same as we get each other on another level πŸ˜‰

As for now I am waiting for my period to start so on day 1 I can do my "reference" blood test and on day 2 start the injections 😬

@Pulin, thank you for your kind words. It's indeed super nice to feel we have a support group and can ask questions / hear about others' experiences 😊. Wouuhouu! My husband and I are also going to start our first ICSI cycle in a few days as soon as my period starts.

I will start with Rekovelle injections and 4 days later I should also couple it with Orgalutran. I'm a bit anxious about the injections so I'm super glad to hear you're doing better than you thought πŸ˜‡.
Yeah the no guarantee is scary indeed so I keep on telling myself that of course it will work and if not I'll deal with it then. I know it sounds super naive but I like to tell myself all is good until we know for sure it's bad. I will surely get desvatated should it not work but so far I've manage to keep those thoughts at bay (thanks to God of chocolate πŸ˜‹)

As for the fertilised eggs our clinic uses only blastocysts. We were told that the chances for implantation could be higher. I don't really know if it's 100% true since some clinics use 2 to 3 days developed fertilised eggs for embryo transfer πŸ€”

Sending positive vibes to all of you ladies πŸ’•πŸ€πŸŒˆ
Leti

Postby TMS » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:02 pm

@leti that sounds so exciting! I can’t wait until I’m at that stage waiting for the injections to start. I know I’ll have a long way to go before I reach that stage! I’m sending you so much positive vibes your way tho! You got this! Do you already have a provisional idea of when the date will be when you would first do a test to find out if your pregnant?

And thank you about my mum, it’s been very hard recently but she’s booked in for an operation soon so keeping everything crossed it won’t have spread anywhere else! I will mention to the doctors then when they ask, I hope they wouldn’t deny me treatment, I don’t think they would do that would they?
πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
TMS

Postby Leti » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:34 am

Oh my gosh TMS I am getting so excited I just can't stand still! 😲 I've never wanted this bad for my period to hurry up, haha. Same for the injections, can't wait to start!!
Thank you so much for the positive thoughts and vibes, I really wish for you to get there sooner than you think 😊
By the look things are going, the pregnancy test should be done during the first week of May. A second test will have to be done the following week to confirm the results. So mid May we'll know if a baby is growing in my belly 😍

As for your mum I'm crossing everything too so she's doing as best as she possibly can. I think you're doing well mentioning the doctors about your family medical history and really don't believe you should be denied help because of this. Letting them know will help them draw a better picture of your situation but should not affect their decision to help you out. Don't worry. I'm pretty sure you'll tell us soon how well it went and what is their treatment plan for you guys πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‡
Leti

Postby TMS » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:48 pm

Oh wow how exciting! May is really not that far away at all! I’m eager to get this first appointment over and done with so we can start a treatment plan. You will have to let me know what the injections are like and how they make you feel, when is your period due? I’m hoping when it’s my turn that I feel well enough to work while doing them, I know online it says some ladies have felt quite poorly with them. Where abouts are you from if you don’t mind me asking? I’m from the UK,
TMS

Postby Leti » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:12 am

Hi TMS! How are you? Sorry I haven't been on the forum for a few days. I was bit unwell and moody with my period coming 😝. So it really started on March 31st at night so April 1st I went for a blood test first thing in the morning and on the 2nd I started the injections. It was super easy as its a pre-filled pen type. Hubby and I were super careful and rehearsed a couple of times to make sure we were on the same page before injecting for real 😁. I felt slighty nauseous but it really didn't last long (about 20 min). I guess I'll see how I go in the next few days.
Today is April 3rd so only 10 more days until your appointment!!! How exciting is this!! It went kind of fast for us so fingers crossed it's the same with your clinic. Also I am French but live in Australia πŸ˜‰
Leti

Postby TMS » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:34 pm

Hey leti I’m good thank you, I’m 3 days away from my period so a bit groggy myself and got period cramps starting.
Ooooo how exciting you have started the injections!! I’m so so excited for you!! I’m glad the nausea didn’t last too long. How many days do you do this injection for? Have you had any other side affects since injecting?
TMS

PreviousNext

Return to IVF-ET