homophobic parentssss

homophobic parentssss

Postby theater_brat » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:57 pm

how do y’all deal with homophobic parents as a LQBTQ+ member?
theater_brat

Re: homophobic parentssss

Postby Lou30 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:58 am

Idk my fans pretty chill bout it all but I'll be here if u need moral support
Lou30

Postby Selenelion » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:41 am

I educate my family who is i guess technically transphobic. They think they/them isn't grammatically correct. (It is i even gave them an example and they wouldn't take it and said that trans people need to come up with a new set of pronouns instead. 🙄) also that people can use whatever pronouns/name they want for you and said you can't demand someone refer to you the right way and that it's fascist. Also that my friend just needs to accept that some people won't use his new set of pronouns and get used to it. Oh and he/they is too confusing. (Like she or I or bro know what thats like as cis people) they also say that i shouldn't "buy into" my friends name/pronoun change because he does things for attention all the time. He does, but I'll take my chances especially since my heart aches when I hear what his parents, especially his father say. So other people they'll believe but not them. Also whenever I use his new name they go who's that and reference another kid with the same name. To the point where I have to go "given name...er...Roan." and I'm not sure if they consider it a dead name but it still feels horrible that I have to do that for them to get the slightest clue. I just keep pushing, I don't care about what they say, my friend deserves respect. And this is how you respect him. Of course now I'm accused of being a lesbian by my brother for being decent and getting frustrated about this. 🙄😡

If anyone could give me tips other than to unendingly try to educate them, that would be appreciated.

I told them none of this is hard that I picked it up, alongside all my normal education so if I can, they can.
Selenelion

Postby PositiveVibes08 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:51 am

Asking here, what are homophobic parents?

If it's when they are against gay, then I have no idea, willing to get some advice.
✨Sparks✨
PositiveVibes08

Postby ifoundmycookies » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:19 am

from what ik its like they are against lgbtq correct me if im wrong
ifoundmycookies

Postby Selenelion » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:49 pm

ifoundmycookies wrote:from what ik its like they are against lgbtq correct me if im wrong

Yeah. Honophobic parents are antigay/minority sexualities and transphoboc people are antitrans/enby. Queerphobic people are against both.

And then there are people like my family who aren't against trans people they just think they get tonpock and choose when and if they will respect someone's pronouns/name
Selenelion

Postby IamCalledHaHa » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:05 pm

Mine are Queerphobic.
IamCalledHaHa

Postby XxDancerChloexX » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:09 pm

I think my dad is queerphobic.. I once told him that my friend game out as Gay.. he flipped out and told me not to talk to him anymore..
XxDancerChloexX

Postby IamCalledHaHa » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:19 pm

I’m sorry Chloe. I know that’s rough.
IamCalledHaHa

Postby XxDancerChloexX » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:21 pm

I have like three more friends that are LGBTQ+ and haven’t told my parents yet. Scared of their reaction.
XxDancerChloexX

Next

Return to Relationship with Parents