Gas pain and worried about baby

Now I am pregnant!

Gas pain and worried about baby

Postby Jcheryoung » Sun May 09, 2021 12:00 am

Hi. I'm a first time mom and at 17w4d. I started having gas pain 2days ago and can barely eat anything. I went to the my doctor’s worried but no scan was done bcs few days before I had one and my baby was fine.
I also haven't been able to feel my baby move and I know I get bloated a lot but my stomach looks smaller. I am now paranoid and anxious because I feel the excess gas has hurt my baby and my lack of food intake too. TMI but I can barely fart or burp too. Has anyone felt this before? Should I be worried about my child’s safety? Please tell me I have not harmed my baby.
Jcheryoung

Re: Gas pain and worried about baby

Postby LadyF » Sun May 09, 2021 5:58 am

Hey mommy. Good news is your baby is in their own little protected area in your womb,your gas can't really get to them. Even if it causes discomfort to you,the only thing it can do is push on the womb changing the position of your baby but can't get through to bubu.

As for gas,you might want to cut down on some food that are known to generate gas in your stomach such as bananas,eggs,beans. Eat in moderation. Also limit soft drinks and drink lot of walk. I found laying on my right helpful in passing gas so you might wanna get your position. Otherwise gas is really common in pregnancy.
The lovely LadyF
LadyF

Postby Jcheryoung » Sun May 09, 2021 2:46 pm

Thank you so much. I feel better knowing the baby is safe. I will lay on my right more often. Thank you
Jcheryoung

Postby Allie88 » Sun May 09, 2021 5:23 pm

Babies move, sometimes they lay more from side to side literally making tummy look smaller because they stretched out so dont worry about that either.
Allie88

Postby Jcheryoung » Sun May 09, 2021 5:31 pm

Thank you so much. I was starting to worry. I really need to calm down lol
Jcheryoung

Postby Allie88 » Sun May 09, 2021 5:42 pm

I was worried too, then my mil told me about her friend who basically didn't even look 9months prego because her baby was laying flat sideways and then overnight it moved and it looked funny because she looked like she tripled in size in one day. Thats normal completely. Sometimes they also can shift to either leftside or right side so your tummy can also look a bit "crooked". I had that the other day when i just got up, was looking a bit funny.
Allie88

Postby Jcheryoung » Sun May 09, 2021 5:51 pm

This is uplifting my mood! You had no idea how worried i had been. Also when did you feel your first kick? First pregnancy.. I also got worried bcs everyone keeps saying i should have felt a kick already and it is starting to get to me + i saw this youtube video that said something is very wrong if you haven't felt a kick at 17w. I am 17w4d.
Jcheryoung

Postby firsteverwfirsttry » Sun May 09, 2021 5:59 pm

Jcheryoung wrote:This is uplifting my mood! You had no idea how worried i had been. Also when did you feel your first kick? First pregnancy.. I also got worried bcs everyone keeps saying i should have felt a kick already and it is starting to get to me + i saw this youtube video that said something is very wrong if you haven't felt a kick at 17w. I am 17w4d.

17 weeks is quite early for a first time mom to feel the baby, i heard it's around 20 weeks when you can feel the baby for the first time but can even take up to 24 weeks so
You shouldn't be worried as everyone different also many things can contribute if you're feeling baby already like where your placenta is or how much you weigh etc also a YouTube video is not the best source for information, if you're worried you should call your doctor
firsteverwfirsttry

Postby Jcheryoung » Sun May 09, 2021 6:04 pm

My dr did tell me to wait 3 more weeks. I just freaked out from everyone's imput. I also was just scrolling thru youtube and saw the vid. Curious me clicked
Jcheryoung

Postby LadyF » Sun May 09, 2021 6:24 pm

For a first pregnancy you might have felt some movement but didn't know .they will become more refined around 22-23 weeks... Don't worry either and some people have anterior placenta which musks the movement as well.
The lovely LadyF
LadyF

Next

Return to I'm pregnant!