Failed 1 hour Glucose test

Now I am pregnant!

Failed 1 hour Glucose test

Postby SamaritanJ » Wed May 05, 2021 4:25 pm

Hello all,

Hope your pregnancy is going smoothly!!
I got to know today that I failed my 1 hour glucose test. I got 160. I am 28w5d in my pregnancy.

I am yet to hear from my doctor. She may want me to send for 3 hour test. I hope I pass that one. 😕

The only thing I crave for is sugar. I don’t know how I am going to stay without it. Any suggestions!!
SamaritanJ
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:50 am

Re: Failed 1 hour Glucose test

Postby Teisha88 » Wed May 05, 2021 4:36 pm

Hey hun, is this the same thing as gestational diabetes? I feel so brand new with the whole pregnancy thing and this is baby#2
Teisha88
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:48 pm

Re: Failed 1 hour Glucose test

Postby Monique2478 » Wed May 05, 2021 5:21 pm

Mine is coming up and I’m so scared to fail it cause that’s what I crave too is just sweets. Hope all goes good for you doll.
Monique2478
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:51 pm

Re: Failed 1 hour Glucose test

Postby SamaritanJ » Wed May 05, 2021 6:48 pm

Teisha88 wrote:Hey hun, is this the same thing as gestational diabetes? I feel so brand new with the whole pregnancy thing and this is baby#2

Yes dear... I think once you fail next 3 hour test, they declare gestational diabetes.. 😒
SamaritanJ
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:50 am

Re: Failed 1 hour Glucose test

Postby SamaritanJ » Wed May 05, 2021 6:49 pm

Monique2478 wrote:Mine is coming up and I’m so scared to fail it cause that’s what I crave too is just sweets. Hope all goes good for you doll.

Stay positive.. and don’t take stress.. that’s one main thing which causes sugar spikes.. All the best for you test hun ❤️
SamaritanJ
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:50 am

Re: Failed 1 hour Glucose test

Postby nathaly93 » Wed May 05, 2021 7:06 pm

Have you try eating fruit? You still get the sweet taste without eating too much sugar. My doctor told me to stay away from sugar for the rest of my pregnancy (I’m 33 weeks) so now I eat strawberries, watermelon and mangos when I crave something sweet just try to eat things that don’t have added sugar.
nathaly93
 
Posts: 817
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:01 am

Re: Failed 1 hour Glucose test

Postby Teisha88 » Wed May 05, 2021 7:15 pm

I was diagnosed with GD at my 8 week appointment. Are you all in America? I don't go to "normal midwife" clinics, I go to one that specialises in Diabetes, the wait is atrocious! I'm monitored 4 times daily but the pain is too much for me so they've allowed me to cut down to taking my bloods twice *sigh*. I haven't been put on meds and I'm 19 weeks tomorrow so hopefully I can try to cut back my carb intake again. I hope you ladies last your tests, its really horrible xXx
Teisha88
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:48 pm

Re: Failed 1 hour Glucose test

Postby SamaritanJ » Thu May 06, 2021 6:35 pm

nathaly93 wrote:Have you try eating fruit? You still get the sweet taste without eating too much sugar. My doctor told me to stay away from sugar for the rest of my pregnancy (I’m 33 weeks) so now I eat strawberries, watermelon and mangos when I crave something sweet just try to eat things that don’t have added sugar.

I was eating fruits as well in addition to other sugary stuff. I have moved to just fruits now. Thanks for your advice!
I have been asked to go for 3 hour test. I got it scheduled for Tuesday! Fingers crossed!
SamaritanJ
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:50 am

Re: Failed 1 hour Glucose test

Postby SamaritanJ » Thu May 06, 2021 6:38 pm

Teisha88 wrote:I was diagnosed with GD at my 8 week appointment. Are you all in America? I don't go to "normal midwife" clinics, I go to one that specialises in Diabetes, the wait is atrocious! I'm monitored 4 times daily but the pain is too much for me so they've allowed me to cut down to taking my bloods twice *sigh*. I haven't been put on meds and I'm 19 weeks tomorrow so hopefully I can try to cut back my carb intake again. I hope you ladies last your tests, its really horrible xXx

Oh I feel you honey.. it’s so difficult to imagine taking readings 4 times daily.. Wishing you healthy pregnancy ahead...
I am in US only.. in DE.. I will be 29 weeks tomorrow..
This is the first time I got tested for Glucose.. I will be going for 3 hour test on Tuesday..
SamaritanJ
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:50 am

Re: Failed 1 hour Glucose test

Postby MixedCouple » Thu May 06, 2021 6:45 pm

Teisha88 wrote:I was diagnosed with GD at my 8 week appointment. Are you all in America? I don't go to "normal midwife" clinics, I go to one that specialises in Diabetes, the wait is atrocious! I'm monitored 4 times daily but the pain is too much for me so they've allowed me to cut down to taking my bloods twice *sigh*. I haven't been put on meds and I'm 19 weeks tomorrow so hopefully I can try to cut back my carb intake again. I hope you ladies last your tests, its really horrible xXx



Was that with a normal blood test the one yiu have at 8 weeks? How are they sure it is GD?


I have to do the 3 hour test when I am 28 weeks becuase of family history of diabetes (not pregnancy related) acquired later in life!
MixedCouple
 
Posts: 1953
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:29 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Next

Return to I'm pregnant!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MixedCouple, Ntombi+23 and 10 guests