First time mom's July 2021💝🤰

Now I am pregnant!

Re: First time mom's July 2021💝🤰

Postby Allie88 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:48 pm

Yeah, i did was told to just try my best combining pumping and breastfeeding and nipples will harden up after first few weeks. I think ive just really poor tolerance to pain. Was told i can take paracetamol when its too painful as well
Allie88

Postby LadyF » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:55 am

I am sceptical about taking any med except the one prescribed when I left the hospital. But if it's safe and you are in too much pain then I don't see why not.

Did you try making baby sleep on your stomach when she wants to be help? Just change her position ever now and then? It could help as well
The lovely LadyF
LadyF

Postby Never_you_mind » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:51 pm

Allie I would suggest looking into silent reflux, you say you can't put her down as she will cry, this was the biggest sign after my second was born, he would cry 24/7 ncoukdnt latch properly ended up bottle feeding then a few weeks into found out he was lactose intolerant (which could also be the problem) every time he would feed he would pull off scream thrash around even on the bottle took 5 months to get a proper diagnosis from the doctor, I kept going to a midwife who was fantastic and had insight to silent reflux she ended up writing a letter to the doctor to take me seriously.
Look into the symptoms and see if any of those match up.
Or could be lactose intoleranance or even lactose overload.
The midwife told me yes it's normal for babies to cry but not most of the time and usually if they areeans there is something going on within their body. If that is of any help. If you need more info happy to help out.
Good luck after my second son my moto was "it won't last forever" lol
Never_you_mind

Postby Allie88 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:17 pm

LadyF wrote:I am sceptical about taking any med except the one prescribed when I left the hospital. But if it's safe and you are in too much pain then I don't see why not.

Did you try making baby sleep on your stomach when she wants to be help? Just change her position ever now and then? It could help as well

Im too worried over sids to let her sleep on tummy, but shes hates tummy time anyway/ lying on stomach...she does often sleep on either side. Most of the time tho, she prefers sleeping on me....
Allie88

Postby Allie88 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:34 pm

Never_you_mind wrote:Allie I would suggest looking into silent reflux, you say you can't put her down as she will cry, this was the biggest sign after my second was born, he would cry 24/7 ncoukdnt latch properly ended up bottle feeding then a few weeks into found out he was lactose intolerant (which could also be the problem) every time he would feed he would pull off scream thrash around even on the bottle took 5 months to get a proper diagnosis from the doctor, I kept going to a midwife who was fantastic and had insight to silent reflux she ended up writing a letter to the doctor to take me seriously.
Look into the symptoms and see if any of those match up.
Or could be lactose intoleranance or even lactose overload.
The midwife told me yes it's normal for babies to cry but not most of the time and usually if they areeans there is something going on within their body. If that is of any help. If you need more info happy to help out.
Good luck after my second son my moto was "it won't last forever" lol

Definitely will look into silent reflux. One thing i was told by midwife to do was to keep her upright after feeds for at least half hour - i wonder if thats related
Allie88

Postby MixedCouple » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:53 pm

Allie88 wrote:
LadyF wrote:I am sceptical about taking any med except the one prescribed when I left the hospital. But if it's safe and you are in too much pain then I don't see why not.

Im too worried over sids to let her sleep on tummy, but shes hates tummy time anyway/ lying on stomach...she does often sleep on either side. Most of the time tho, she prefers sleeping on me....

I know my niece suffered with reflux and my brother was advised to use a wedge under her mattress to she was slightly raised apparently this can help - if that indeed is the dilemma.
MixedCouple

Postby Never_you_mind » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:51 am

Yes that's a must with reflux or silent reflux to keep them up right for at least half an hour.
Secondly raise her cot bed or bassinet bed that will also help to stop it from coming up.
The quicker you get an answer the better as you can start them on medication with silent reflux anyway it won't stop it entirely but it will lessen to the point of you and bubs getting some sleep.
Some doctors just don't get it so maybe video her when she's feeding and pulling off constantly it arching her back and how she screams when laying down aka bring in legs up in pain arching her back, if she startles heaps in her sleep etc etc once you look at the symptoms you will have a better understanding.
I really hope that this is not the case as its very hard to be a mother of a silent refluxer and the only other mums who will understand you is those who have been through it.
My second son had silent reflux, lactose intolerance, fructose and sucrose intolerant. Thankfully 6 years on and he's only lactose intolerant.....
Never_you_mind

Previous

Return to I'm pregnant!