Water Birth Experiences?

Now I am pregnant!

Re: Water Birth Experiences?

Postby MixedCouple » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:06 pm

Amaretti wrote:I've definately thought about having a home birth but would rather have professionals on hand incase of any complications, but I do plan on staying at home for as long as I can before going to hospital :)

Same that is the protocol at the Birthing centre. They ask you call to update them once contractions at closer or water breaks been told a midwofe will come out to check me at home and advise me whether to go on to the birthing unit or stay at home longer.
MixedCouple

Postby Amaretti » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:46 pm

MixedCouple wrote:
Amaretti wrote:I've definately thought about having a home birth but would rather have professionals on hand incase of any complications, but I do plan on staying at home for as long as I can before going to hospital :)

Same that is the protocol at the Birthing centre. They ask you call to update them once contractions at closer or water breaks been told a midwofe will come out to check me at home and advise me whether to go on to the birthing unit or stay at home longer.

Wish we had that here but I'm pretty sure any at home treatment is classed as private which is ridiculously expensive, but I'll definately ask when I have my next check up
Amaretti

Postby daniyaaq » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:08 pm

Amaretti wrote:
MixedCouple wrote:

Wish we had that here but I'm pretty sure any at home treatment is classed as private which is ridiculously expensive, but I'll definately ask when I have my next check up

Are you booked at birthing centre or hospital? You right in at home stuff are classed as private and those private midwives aren’t cheap but they also aren’t as expensive as I thought. I considered a home birth just we don’t have enough midwives in my town.

I would love to stay home long but I don’t trust my body, both my 2 kids went from 2cm dilated to born in less than an hour.
daniyaaq

Postby Amaretti » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:24 pm

@dani oh wow that's quick! I know it usually gets quicker when you have more, I have a feeling my labour will be avg to long so not worried about giving birth on the way there lol I might have a look into it then see how much they are but probs stick to hospital. I'm referred to a hospital there's never been mention of birthing centres so I thought they might be private also 🤷
Amaretti

Postby daniyaaq » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:16 am

Amaretti wrote:@dani oh wow that's quick! I know it usually gets quicker when you have more, I have a feeling my labour will be avg to long so not worried about giving birth on the way there lol I might have a look into it then see how much they are but probs stick to hospital. I'm referred to a hospital there's never been mention of birthing centres so I thought they might be private also 🤷

There’s a few public ones too usually attached to a hospital so you nice and close. I had my first at a birthing centre, it was so lovely and chilled all midwives and relaxing. Because it was attached to hospital they allowed me to birth there despite being induced.
daniyaaq

Postby flopsy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:33 am

Some midwives come to your home for a home birth.
flopsy

Postby MixedCouple » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:38 am

Yes labour unpredictable. So me and Hubby have some bed Pads. The large rectangle onea for "accidents" to keep in bed and in the car lol. Just incase I have to go to Hospital and on the way baby comes out. The consultant led hospital os in England!!! It's 1 hour away without traffic. So I joked woth hubby and said if I am in labour peak traffic and baby is coming I'll have to do it in the car lol he said yeah that's fine - he will watch some videos on how to assist 😂😂😂
MixedCouple

Postby Amaretti » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:42 pm

MixedCouple wrote:Yes labour unpredictable. So me and Hubby have some bed Pads. The large rectangle onea for "accidents" to keep in bed and in the car lol. Just incase I have to go to Hospital and on the way baby comes out. The consultant led hospital os in England!!! It's 1 hour away without traffic. So I joked woth hubby and said if I am in labour peak traffic and baby is coming I'll have to do it in the car lol he said yeah that's fine - he will watch some videos on how to assist 😂😂😂

Haha wow guys are brave the very thought of that terrifies me lol
Amaretti

Postby Amaretti » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:45 pm

flopsy wrote:Some midwives come to your home for a home birth.

I looked up the cost as it's not covered under our Medicare program and it's between $3-5000 for them to help you give birth at home :/
Amaretti

Postby MixedCouple » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:44 am

Amaretti wrote:
MixedCouple wrote:Yes labour unpredictable. So me and Hubby have some bed Pads. The large rectangle onea for "accidents" to keep in bed and in the car lol. Just incase I have to go to Hospital and on the way baby comes out. The consultant led hospital os in England!!! It's 1 hour away without traffic. So I joked woth hubby and said if I am in labour peak traffic and baby is coming I'll have to do it in the car lol he said yeah that's fine - he will watch some videos on how to assist 😂😂😂

Haha wow guys are brave the very thought of that terrifies me lol

Hiya! Well I don't want to be in that situ but we live out in the sticks! If I get told I need to see OBGYN and transferred then I will be making this journey - even for check ups and scans etc 😒 hoping I can stay at the birthing centre.
MixedCouple

Previous

Return to I'm pregnant!