2nd C-section Born

Now I am pregnant!

2nd C-section Born

Postby CarmelMuva » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:16 am

I just found out i am pregnant with what will be my 4th child but only the 2nd born via c-section and i am TERRIFIED. My first c-section was emergency because baby was breeched but i have a “t” incision on my uterus and the doctor scared the sh** out of me with all the “possibilities”. Im just wondering if you ladies wouldn’t mind sharing your stories with me or some words of encouragement please. TIA
CarmelMuva

Re: 2nd C-section Born

Postby Never_you_mind » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:52 pm

So have had three sections.
1. Was induced heart rate dropped too low and was rushed for emergency section, recovery was long and hard simply cause they had to get him out fast.
2. Was spontaneous labour trying for vbac after hours of getting nowhere and only 3cm I lost it and said cut me open, was a nicer experience calmer going in recovery was heaps better was doing all I normally would within reason in 2 weeks.
3. Was planned section, absolutely hands down the best experience was sooo peaceful and calm I asked to have the curtain down to see them pull her out, then asked for instant skin to skin contact for at least an hour. The only time they took her was when they transfered me onto the hospital bed.such a difference from the first two the 3rd was amazing, I knew what to expect. And had more control over the situation too.

Although all mine were under the bikini line incision and I know that is different to the classic incision. I would ask when next appointment if they would use that one again or do a bikini line one. Im pretty certain you won't be able to have a vbac with that type of incision too but again a question to ask the doc.
I would say that if elective they will do the bikini line one so recovery will be alot quicker and smoother.
I wish you all the best
Never_you_mind

Re: 2nd C-section Born

Postby CarmelMuva » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:30 am

Thank you sooo much !
CarmelMuva

Return to I'm pregnant!