Covid Vaccination

Try to conceive, I really want a baby!

Re: Covid Vaccination

Postby Becca19 » Fri May 14, 2021 1:10 pm

I got my first Pfizer last week and AF started yesterday, didn't even hesitate when I got the call that I could go and get one through work as if I waited for my actual age group to be called I'd be waiting for months
Becca19

Postby djmarie » Thu May 20, 2021 4:21 am

I got the Pfizer back in December. The current recommendation in the US is to wait 3 months (not super substantiated as to why). Although, it only takes a couple of weeks to have a response and develop immune responses. Then you can pass antibodies to the baby too!

As a healthcare worker I've seen how bad it can get when pregnant moms get Covid. I'd do anything possible to not end up in that situation.
djmarie

Postby djmarie » Thu May 20, 2021 4:25 am

Wendyanne61 wrote:I got the Pfizer. 20% of pregnant people who get covid end up in ICU. It also has a high miscarriage rate due to blood clots in the placenta. We've seen a lot of pregnant people ending up in hospital. For me the risk of complications from catching covid while pregnant is much higher then the risk of the vaccine. In Canada the mRNA vaccines are recommended for pregnant people.

100% agree! I've seen some really horrific things when it comes to pregnant women and Covid. ICU, ventilated, feeding tubes. It's horrible.
djmarie

Postby MixedCouple » Thu May 20, 2021 9:55 am

Don't think anyone should fear mongering here!!! Those who choose not to. They have Very valid point which are scientifically based. No long term studies.
I am from a medical background and made the choice not to. As the risk to fertility, baby, genetics and LONG TERM affects is 100% unknown. That is a very valid reason to say no. Long term studies look at a populous 10-20-50 years down the line. A 12 month study is not an indicator of long term affects.

If I was 70 or 80 yes I would take the risk as I am nearing the end of my life. But I am 34 and plan on having 4 / 5 healthy kids I don't want to mess about with the unknown. Me and hubby are happy to social distance for as long as possible and happy to wear mask for as long as possible. We originally planned to homeschool any way so works for us either way. We will have a small support bubble of immediate family who are also not vaccinating. And anyone else we will meet socially distanced with masks.

You have to make the decision best for you. It's your body your risk your health. No one else's!
MixedCouple

Postby Wendyanne61 » Thu May 20, 2021 1:06 pm

Who's fear mongering? These are real facts.The risks of Covid while pregnant and fertility are very real and well known.
Wendyanne61

Postby MixedCouple » Thu May 20, 2021 6:02 pm

There have been comments made by others fear mongering.
Also 100% facts there is no long term study on safety and efficacy.

So as I said every one should choose for themselves on what suits their needs and personal choice without fear mongrring foem others. There has been way too much of that for anyones liking!
MixedCouple

Postby Wendyanne61 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:16 pm

You could argue that what you are saying about the mRNA vaccinations is also fear mongering when health professionals and the WHO is now recommending the vaccine for people TTC and pregnant women because the benifits of getting the vaccine far outway the risks, (because of new data they now have). Its still your choice, no one is forcing anyone. This is not me trying to fear monger but I have seen an 8 month pregnant woman, who was very careful, end up in ICU with COVID-19 and she ended up in a coma. They did an emergency C-section and the baby survived, the mother did not. Again, of course, this will not happen to most pregnant women so I dont want to freak people out but for me getting the vaccine is a no brainer.
Wendyanne61

Postby Lallen » Fri May 21, 2021 7:51 pm

I'd wait until it's actually FDA approved, not emergency use.. I don't want to lose my baby because I was someone's lab rat.. No thanks
Lallen

Postby DoggoMamma » Sat May 22, 2021 5:48 am

Thank you ladies for sharing such important information. It's still an individual call of course, but the benefits of the vaccine clearly seem to outweigh the risks. I think it may make sense for people who are confident of being able to maintain a bio-bubble for themselves throughout their pregnancy to not take the vaccine (since of there aren't looking term studies yet). However if we're not sure about being able to be perfectly socially distanced for 9 months, might make sense to go for it. In my country I don't have the mRNA options, so I took the first shot of Astrazeneca. Still TTC and hoping this is our month! Second shot due in 3 months. Baby dust to all you incredible ladies 💖💖💖
DoggoMamma

Postby Kamalama » Sat May 22, 2021 5:49 am

MixedCouple wrote:Don't think anyone should fear mongering here!!! Those who choose not to. They have Very valid point which are scientifically based. No long term studies.
I am from a medical background and made the choice not to. As the risk to fertility, baby, genetics and LONG TERM affects is 100% unknown. That is a very valid reason to say no. Long term studies look at a populous 10-20-50 years down the line. A 12 month study is not an indicator of long term affects.

If I was 70 or 80 yes I would take the risk as I am nearing the end of my life. But I am 34 and plan on having 4 / 5 healthy kids I don't want to mess about with the unknown. Me and hubby are happy to social distance for as long as possible and happy to wear mask for as long as possible. We originally planned to homeschool any way so works for us either way. We will have a small support bubble of immediate family who are also not vaccinating. And anyone else we will meet socially distanced with masks.

You have to make the decision best for you. It's your body your risk your health. No one else's!

You talk about fear mongering and your whole post is doing exactly that.
Kamalama

PreviousNext

Return to TTC(Try to conceive)