Page 1 of 1

Change in diet

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:38 pm
by Kbauti11
Hi all! I started TTC last month and did not have luck the first time around. I’ve kicked into worry mode as much as I try not to and have tried changing my diet in hopes that this will make a difference. Has anyone had any luck with diet and fertility? And if so, what did you add/take away from your diet? I know it’s only been a month of trying and there could be no issues but I’m just nervous so trying to change anything I can to increase chances this month!

Re: Change in diet

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:55 pm
by Ever-ely
A healthier lifestyle and diet are a good thing but you need to be careful with this. You say you’re trying to change everything. Drastic and quick changes to your diet can confuse your body and cause disruptions to your cycle. Make healthy changes sure. But do it gradually.

Re: Change in diet

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:26 pm
by Kbauti11
Ever-ely wrote:A healthier lifestyle and diet are a good thing but you need to be careful with this. You say you’re trying to change everything. Drastic and quick changes to your diet can confuse your body and cause disruptions to your cycle. Make healthy changes sure. But do it gradually.


Thank you! I should be more clear, I didn’t change everything, still eating similar things to what I’ve always eaten but just trying to be a bit healthier (less high fat foods) and just adding in certain things like more fruit, nuts, drinking more water.

Re: Change in diet

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 12:18 pm
by Kamalama
First of all I think you need to stay calm, this is only month 1 you could have a long way to go...some people try for a year even when there are no real issues. And stress doesn't help. There are pregnancy style diets online to look at, but personally I wouldnt be stressing out over that so soon, unless offcourse you're older and don't have time on your side.

Re: Change in diet

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 3:17 pm
by PinkK_
What will help you is to see your doctor and get blood work, make sure your iron levels are right and you're not low of anything else. Get checked that your immunisations are up to date, I only recently found out I missed out on hep b and am part way through the course (first 2 one month apart and the third, 5 months later but you can't have it when pregnant). Stay hydrated, if you're looking to reduce high fat food, make sure you are only reducing bad fats, some fats are needed. Speak with a dietician/nutritionist if you want to change your food and, as mentioned above, do it gradually.

Re: Change in diet

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:39 pm
by Kbauti11
PinkK_ wrote:What will help you is to see your doctor and get blood work, make sure your iron levels are right and you're not low of anything else. Get checked that your immunisations are up to date, I only recently found out I missed out on hep b and am part way through the course (first 2 one month apart and the third, 5 months later but you can't have it when pregnant). Stay hydrated, if you're looking to reduce high fat food, make sure you are only reducing bad fats, some fats are needed. Speak with a dietician/nutritionist if you want to change your food and, as mentioned above, do it gradually.


Thank you! I’m also just using it as an excuse to pay more attention to what I eat and whether it helps with fertility or not at least I will be on a more balanced diet. I always eat pretty balanced but definitely could cut back on high saturated fats. I appreciate your feedback! Good luck to you on your ttc journey!

Re: Change in diet

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:41 pm
by Kbauti11
Kamalama wrote:First of all I think you need to stay calm, this is only month 1 you could have a long way to go...some people try for a year even when there are no real issues. And stress doesn't help. There are pregnancy style diets online to look at, but personally I wouldnt be stressing out over that so soon, unless offcourse you're older and don't have time on your side.


Ugh I know, I’m just a worrier by nature and always assume the worst. Maybe I should take this as a lesson to stop doing that. I will try not to overthink it just yet, it will all happen when the time is right. Best of luck to you in your ttc journey!

Re: Change in diet

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 8:14 pm
by Kamalama
Kbauti11 wrote:
Kamalama wrote:First of all I think you need to stay calm, this is only month 1 you could have a long way to go...some people try for a year even when there are no real issues. And stress doesn't help. There are pregnancy style diets online to look at, but personally I wouldnt be stressing out over that so soon, unless offcourse you're older and don't have time on your side.


Ugh I know, I’m just a worrier by nature and always assume the worst. Maybe I should take this as a lesson to stop doing that. I will try not to overthink it just yet, it will all happen when the time is right. Best of luck to you in your ttc journey!


Thanks you too, I know what it's like but it will happen. Just enjoy life as is just now and the journey without stress, you're very early in the process and have everything in your favour so just relax.

Re: Change in diet

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 8:29 pm
by Kbauti11
Kamalama wrote:
Kbauti11 wrote:
Kamalama wrote:First of all I think you need to stay calm, this is only month 1 you could have a long way to go...some people try for a year even when there are no real issues. And stress doesn't help. There are pregnancy style diets online to look at, but personally I wouldnt be stressing out over that so soon, unless offcourse you're older and don't have time on your side.


Ugh I know, I’m just a worrier by nature and always assume the worst. Maybe I should take this as a lesson to stop doing that. I will try not to overthink it just yet, it will all happen when the time is right. Best of luck to you in your ttc journey!


Thanks you too, I know what it's like but it will happen. Just enjoy life as is just now and the journey without stress, you're very early in the process and have everything in your favour so just relax.


Thank you for the positivity! This forum has been great to just be able to talk to people about the ttc process! That’s a great outlook too, it’s all part of the journey to motherhood so enjoy it!