Mom diagnosed with breast cancer

Try to conceive, I really want a baby!

Mom diagnosed with breast cancer

Postby anjanak » Sun May 16, 2021 2:45 pm

Dear ladies..
I am 27 years old, I have PCOD and TTC since last August. I did one round of ovulation stimulation with no luck. But in March beginning, my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer which had spread to bones. She is on hormone treatment now, doing okay. So me and my husband are wondering whether to continue with our TTC journey. BTW I'm an only child and very much attached and dependent on her. I really don't know how tedious and difficult her whole treatment is going to be. I worry if it would be more difficult if I get pregnant now. I also feel that a baby would make them happier. I would really appreciate any suggestions.
anjanak

Re: Mom diagnosed with breast cancer

Postby Jolie3110 » Sun May 16, 2021 5:57 pm

As you said, a baby would make your parents much more optimistic, and probably you will also feel happier, and you will focus more on your wellbeing, knowing you need to protect the baby. Even in the worst-case situation, both you and your father would have a better reason to move on, focusing on the baby.
I know it is not the same thing, but my father lost both his parents recently and he was devastated. The news that I am pregnant finally made him happy and gave him a reason to move on, after a long time.
But, it is up to you to decide if you can cope with a pregnancy and a small baby taking 24/24 of your time, and with your mother’s situation. Perhaps it’s best to discuss this with your husband, he knows you best and he can better assess the situation.
I wish the best to your mother, I hope the treatment will make her situation better.
Jolie3110

Postby Mrs Mikky » Sun May 16, 2021 6:56 pm

A baby will make your mom happy,just keep trying and I am sure you will get your BFP
Mrs Mikky

Postby anjanak » Mon May 17, 2021 5:25 am

Thanks a lot to both of you for taking the time and effort to reply. It made me feel so better. I think I'll try to have a baby. Thank you so much.. I'll try to cope :)
anjanak

Postby Kamalama » Mon May 17, 2021 6:48 am

I wouldn't give up based on what you have said...a baby may bring hope and positivity...good luck
Kamalama

Postby anjanak » Wed May 19, 2021 10:29 am

Thanks a lot friend.. I'll keep trying :)
anjanak

Return to TTC(Try to conceive)