I'm spotting. Is it normal?

Try to conceive, I really want a baby!

I'm spotting. Is it normal?

Postby roar29 » Sat May 15, 2021 3:22 am

Hi. This issue runs for 3 years now and it disturb my mind always. I am 25 years old. I have a kid which is 3 years old now and when I gave birth to him, my doctor immediately put IUD on me. I have a regular check up for my IUD and the OB says it is on good position. My concern is for 3 years, everytime we have s*x with my partner, I can find spots of blood on my underwear after two days of our intercourse and it will last for about 3 to four days. My question is, is it normal to bleed for days even if my period already ends? For example, my period was on May 1 until May 6..Then my partner and I have intercourse on May 8... Then, I got this spotting started on May 10 and it will last for several days like its a normal monthly period. This happens everytime we have s*x. I'm always afraid to have s*x with my partner anymore. I will appreciate any comment. Thank you.
roar29

Re: I'm spotting. Is it normal?

Postby Wendyanne61 » Sat May 15, 2021 3:56 am

I dont think it is normal if it happens every time you have intercourse. I would get a second opinion. Maybe it's not because of the IUD but for a different reason?
Wendyanne61

Postby Sexil3xi » Sat May 15, 2021 12:14 pm

I would see a doctor, are your pap tests up to date?
Sexil3xi

Postby Lallen » Sat May 15, 2021 3:14 pm

I've heard a lot of people have trouble with iud. Maybe try a different bc
Lallen

Postby roar29 » Thu May 20, 2021 1:52 pm

Wendyanne61 wrote:I dont think it is normal if it happens every time you have intercourse. I would get a second opinion. Maybe it's not because of the IUD but for a different reason?
Thank you. I'm thinking of going with pills but I'm afraid of the side effects.
roar29

Postby roar29 » Thu May 20, 2021 1:53 pm

Sexil3xi wrote:I would see a doctor, are your pap tests up to date?

I did not try any yet.
roar29

Postby roar29 » Thu May 20, 2021 1:58 pm

I already consult my OB-GYN and had an intravaginal ultrasound but the result came normal. Sometimes when I got the spotting, I thought I am pregnant...but... I'll also say to my self that I have IUD, so it is impossible for me to get preggy. Should I change my IUD? What is the safest way to check the problem in me?
roar29

Postby Aisha85 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:01 pm

I don't have any experience with IUDs. But I do with some spotting. Used to get it a lot and especially mid cycle.. around the time of ovulation. And it would come with lots of discharge too on certain days. Like the day of ovulation. My gynae missed out the possibility of Polyps somehow. So it wasn't detected until much later when I wanted to go thru IUI/IVF and they actually had to check my uterine lining via probe/ultrasound. So my advice, get a second opinion. Because I eventually switched gynaes and this second one was so thorough and even found that the reason my IUI wasn't successful was largely and probably due to the fact I have endometriosis and also blocked fallopian tubes. How this was missed in my years with the first gynae completely blows me.
Aisha85

Postby MixedCouple » Thu May 20, 2021 5:59 pm

Not impossible to get pregnant with IUD. My mother did and had a ectopic pregnancy outside the uterus! Did not know until 12 weeks!! This was back in the early 80's but yeah no birth control is 100%.
You should try to get regular Pap smeara every 5 years in the UK and then that increasea as you get older.
But get a second opinion foe sure as others said!
An ultrasound is not going to help you need an internal investigation.
MixedCouple

Postby roar29 » Sat May 22, 2021 1:53 am

Thank you everyone. I will schedule a check up for another Gyne so that I can get a second opinion. I'm getting nervous to know if I have polyps or other problems inside my reproductive system. But I'm glad that you are there to give me advices. I think it's time for me to ask my gyne to take out the IUD so my mind will be in peace about the spotting and thinking that it will loose while we are in the middle of intercourse.
roar29

Return to TTC(Try to conceive)