fitness in 1st trimester...

fitness in 1st trimester...

Postby hoping42016 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:22 pm

I just found out I'm 4 weeks along. Wondering what advice other moms have received for fitness in the first trimester. I'm carrying too much weight as is and scared about future gain!
hoping42016

Re: fitness in 1st trimester...

Postby perseusmommagirl » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:03 pm

If your really concerned you should look up trim healthy mama this has helped so many women world wide good luck to you and your new baby
perseusmommagirl

Postby AC*DC » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:11 pm

During pregnancy it's usually safe to continue ALL normal workouts you normally did before pregnancy. Don't start any New hard-core workout systems and don't push your body to extreams. Walking is always a great idea during pregnancy even if you don't normally do it but always consult your Dr first. Good luck!
AC*DC

Postby LibraLuv2684 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:01 pm

Walking
Yoga
Resistance band
Biking
Always check w/ your OB/GYN/PCP
Crazy♎Luv
LibraLuv2684

Postby Carle1908 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:53 am

I'm not sure about biking, today I decided that it was time to work out, because since I found out I was pregnant I was afraid to exercise, I always exercised before it was part of my routine, today I went to the gym I felt great I am 8 +4 days pregnant, I did treadmill, elliptical and 30 minutes indoor cycling nothing g crazy after that I went to pee and for first time I saw a light blood when I wiped, I rested for couple hours and went away, after 2 hours I went to restroom again, a little more blood, I don't know yet is this is relating to the work out I did esrlier, but I am on my way to Urgent care to see what's going on! Prayers for me please!
Carle1908

Postby Carine65 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:04 pm

Carle1908 wrote:I'm not sure about biking, today I decided that it was time to work out, because since I found out I was pregnant I was afraid to exercise, I always exercised before it was part of my routine, today I went to the gym I felt great I am 8 +4 days pregnant, I did treadmill, elliptical and 30 minutes indoor cycling nothing g crazy after that I went to pee and for first time I saw a light blood when I wiped, I rested for couple hours and went away, after 2 hours I went to restroom again, a little more blood, I don't know yet is this is relating to the work out I did esrlier, but I am on my way to Urgent care to see what's going on! Prayers for me please!

Hi are you ok? I hope everything is fine xx thinking of you
Carine65

Postby JanetA » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:09 pm

I'm not too sure about biking but vigorous exercise in my view is not helpful during early pregnancy, I started bleeding after rediculusly throwing my legs in the sky above my head a couple of times when I was 8d2w and started bleeding after I went to the wash room and it didn't actually stop even though it was light till I miscarriaged a week later, the midwives said it wasn't for that reason but the bleeding started just after those exercises and I am surely not repeating them again no matter what.i actually know someone who had two miscarriages in early pregnancy for lifting heavy materials but she was told it wasn't what she did,well maybe she wouldn't have missed it again if she didn't repeat that, I think we need to just be careful with our first pregnancies in the early stages as we don't know our strengths and weaknesses yet. Not to scare anybody and the midwives say it doesn't matter just sharing what me and the other lady experienced.I'm sure some people do more that we did and still go through without any trouble s at all. You are actually supposed to do exercises after your first trimester I believe but maybe just a bit more careful in the first trimester
JanetA

Return to Fitness & Exercise during pregnancy