Losing weight during pregnancy

Losing weight during pregnancy

Postby Truckgirl16 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:24 pm

Is it ok to actively try to lose weight while pregnant? I am not planning on losing 50+ pounds but would like to lose 10-20 pounds while pregnant. I'm hoping that at full term I can be within 5-10 pounds of what I am now. So far I just started my 2nd trimester and have not gained any weight. I plan on doing this in a healthy way by eating right and exercising but I just want to make sure it is ok!
Truckgirl16

Re: Losing weight during pregnancy

Postby Kati-91 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:29 pm

Hi, during pregnancy you are not meant to actively lose weight, it’s not good for your baby. It’s great if you eat healthy and exercise, just have a look online or ask your midwife on what exercises are safe during pregnancy. If you are very overweight you might not put on much weight anyway. All the best for your pregnancy!
Kati-91

Postby Aprilsdesigns87 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:44 pm

That is a great goal. To most it sounds odd to lose weight while pregnant. But those of us that are either overweight and obese. We can lose weight by light exercise like walking, eatting proper portions, and eatting healthy food.
On my first pregnancy i was 230lbs, i am 6' tall, at the end of that pregnancy i was 270. And 1.5 years later i am at 260. And i am pregnant again. My goal as well is to lose weight while pregnant.
What i learn in my first pregnancy is the third trimester is the hardest to achieve your goal. I congratulate for the success you have had thus far. You can achieve your goal and it's completely healthy for you and the baby.
Aprilsdesigns87

Postby Susiemadjp1 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:58 pm

Good job! I think it’s great to exercise and lose weight while being pregnant
Susiemadjp1

Postby Dody92 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:08 pm

i did the same at start of my second trimester, i went for mild walking for 30 min almost 3-4 days and end up having brown discharge after coming home i was surprised as i am not doing anything at all even food i dnt prepare my self. went to doctor she said i picked up something heavy or put pressure on my utreus. What i did only was walking. However dr put me on compelete bed rest for 2 weeks and brown diacharge is still here. I dnt recommend as what i experience
Dody92

Return to Fitness & Exercise during pregnancy