General anesthesia or spinal???

General anesthesia or spinal???

Postby jenna91 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:56 pm

Hey ladies. I am 38+ weeks and due to the big size of baby doctor suggeested me C-section. I want to know did any of you undergo general anesthesia? My SIL had spinal anestheisa and still she didnt recover from bachaches. Need ur experienced advice. Happy 9 months to all :)
jenna91

Re: General anesthesia or spinal???

Postby selena24kitty » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:42 am

I had a natural birth but the doctors applied the spinal anesthesia let me tell you I would never do that again I wish I could back in time. The first winter after giving birth was the worst I would cry because of the pain. It was horrible. My back still hurts when it's to cold or I'm doing a certain activity.thank God the pain is now tolerable compared to when I first felt it. But from all the women I've asked they always deal with this pain like I will. I had my son 5 years ago fyi.
selena24kitty

Postby jenna91 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:50 am

Thank u alot for ur reply. I will surely not gonna take spinal now.
jenna91

Postby selena24kitty » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:40 am

No problem ?
selena24kitty

Postby Sariani » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:11 am

Remember all woman are different. What works with one won’t work with the other. My sister in-law had two spinals and she’s ok. A gf of mine has had a spinal and is going to do that for her second due in June. Do what you feel comfortable with and as long as your baby arrives safely, that’s all that matters. Good luck x
Sariani

Postby Chipmunk07 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:32 am

I had spinal anesthesy and was super good . I gived birth july 2018 tru c section and i didnt had any problem . They told me if i choose general one when i ll wake up ,i ll wake up in pains while spinal one the effect goes slowly slowly so ....it s better . Also it was weird to “asleep“ pregnant and wake up mother. I didnt had any problem and i m not having any. Who remain with problems after spinal anesthesy ,had it done by someone who doesnt know to do it properly .
Chipmunk07

Postby Missy101 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:58 am

I had a spinal with my son and with my daughter but they had to take it out with her due to complications, not from the spinal. I have had no problems at all, no back pain or anything. Would definitely have it again.
Missy101

Postby DinkyDot242 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:13 am

I had a c-section as my daughter was breech and they gave me a spinal, i suffer with a weaker back now and get pain so much quicker, whether that’s from barely lifting during pregnancy/muscles weakening or the spinal I’ll never know. All I can say is that given the choice, I wouldn’t have wanted to miss the birth of my baby by going under general.I’d take the backaches for the rest of my life so I didn’t miss the first milestone in hers but that’s just me :( it’s entirely your decision to make, you could be fine after or you could struggle, I wish we knew! I hope everything goes ok whatever you decide to do, there’s no right or wrong just what is best for you at the end of the day, enjoy every moment with your little one time goes so fast xx
DinkyDot242

Postby madmacmel070812 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:09 am

Big baby is NOT a reason for csection!!!!! Shouting that from the rooftop right now.
Your body will not make a baby it cannot birth. Don't let the doctors fail you mama.
I birthed a 10lb 0.5oz baby vba3c (va**nal after 3 csection) because my first doctor insisted my 9lb 9oz baby was too big for my small pelvis and forced me into a csection I didn't consent to, after trying to kill us ?? You can do it!

***Juat realIed this is a very old post, so irrelevant to you. But leaving it up in case someone else comes through and reads l&d posts.
madmacmel070812

Postby Patrycja » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:38 pm

I had spinal and now and again I feel pain .. but nothing compared to child birth so this time around I am doing spinal again
Patrycja

Next

Return to Laber & Delivery