Where were you when your water broke

Where were you when your water broke

Postby bmhawkins24_ » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:37 pm

I recently gave birth to my first child & the experience was NOTHING like I thought it would be.
----
It was a regular morning for us, I dropped my niece off at school (I'm in the process of adopting her actually) & I took my husband to work (he's not from Texas so I do all of the driving ?) I got home and I wanted some syrup and fries ( it was so good at the time ?), After I ate, I went to the Verizon store I wanted a new phone since my birthday was the next day (2/28) ?. 15 minutes in the store my water broke, in my head I'm like oh god this wasn't supposed to happen yet ( I was due March 4.) I'm panicking in the store & I didn't even get a new phone. I called my husband cause it felt like I couldn't walk. The store manager walked me to my car because he "doesn't want to clean up more of my mess". I left and got my niece out of school and took the drive to the hospital ( I wasn't really contracting like I thought I would be). I get to the hospital (I felt a few contractions nothing major) I had a high risk pregnancy so I had to stay in the hospital. I guess a few hours later once everyone was there, nothing was happening & I started getting mad at everybody ??? I was barely 3 cm.'s dilated. When my older sister water broke, she'd given birth in less than 2 hours. I was hoping for the same thing honestly. Once the pain became too much I gave in & got the epidural ( I hate needles that's why I waited so long.) The next day (my birthday 2/28) I was exhausted & she finally came out that morning at 10:28 ( I was born at the same time but in the p.m. crazy right ? ?) So yeah no more kids for me right now at least.
-------
It was a crazy experience for me so what happened with some of y'all ?? I wanna know! ♥️
bmhawkins24_

Re: Where were you when your water broke

Postby DahKoray » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:31 pm

Wow! Congratulations.

Please what's epidural? Tell me its use and function.
DahKoray

Postby bmhawkins24_ » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:39 pm

DahKoray wrote:Wow! Congratulations.

Please what's epidural? Tell me its use and function.

It’s like a shot to numb the pain
bmhawkins24_

Postby Baby girls momma » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:34 am

My first baby I was induced cuz I was 2&1/2 weeks overdue, so my Dr broke my water with her. Baby #2 i was sitting on a friends porch hanging out and twisted in my chair and i thought I had peed myself. Baby #3 i was getting baby #2 out of the car to go into a different friends house and bent down to unfold my stroller and my water broke. So I walked to my friends door and said well we were gonna hang out but I'm going to the hospital now and i laughed hysterically as I said cuz my water just broke. Baby #4 i was walkingdown my street when my water broke.
Baby girls momma

Postby Chikkamomma » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:34 pm

Actually, I started having active contractions so I went to the hospital before my water broke! I lost my mucus plug at home and by the time I was admitted to the hospital, I was already in labor and my doctor had to pop it. It was a weird experience- I didn't hear anything and wouldn'tve even know he did it but I saw a strong gush of water shoot out all over the bed and floor??
It wasn't funny then because I was in crazy pain but looking back at the experience, it was pretty funny!
Chikkamomma

Postby What ta1 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:28 am

My first unfortunately where I thought I'd be on the toilet at 1am.

My second waiting or has been leaking for about a week
What ta1

Postby daisies123 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:54 am

What ta1 wrote:My first unfortunately where I thought I'd be on the toilet at 1am.

My second waiting or has been leaking for about a week

If you have been leaking amniotic fluid I really hope that you have gone to get checked out. It can cause an infection and harm your baby.
daisies123

Postby dhira17 » Thu May 28, 2020 4:42 pm

my water broke when I was already gave birth my daughter.. yep, my amniotic sac still intact.. ???
dhira17

Postby Kellymas09 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:43 am

My waters broke at the hospital I was 9cm dilated, I thought I needed to pee turns out it was my waters lol.. they checked me again and I was 7cm dilated I was devastated ?
Kellymas09

Postby Kayla233 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:35 pm

First pregnancy my water broke at home, second pregnancy it broke at a restaurant
Kayla233

Next

Return to Laber & Delivery