Trouble with breastfeeding

Trouble with breastfeeding

Postby Michella_03 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:00 am

So my son is almost 3 weeks and I breastfeed, usually when I breastfeed him he lets go and then gets frustrated cause he still wants to eat and he does this multiple times and at night he usually do it more and I get so frustrated and I feel so bad cause I kinda get mad at him for letting go so many times and then I get sad that I got angry and feel like a terrible mom.
Now I’m thinking of starting to give him formula and breastfeed but I kinda feel like a bad mom for not wanna breastfeed 100% but I don’t think it’s good for me too keep on breastfeeding if I just get sad and frustrated.
Should I give him formula and breastfeed or should I only breastfeed?
And the thing is I am also very uncomfortable about breastfeeding in public and get such anxiety about leaving home in case I have to breastfeed him when we’re not home.
Michella_03

Re: Trouble with breastfeeding

Postby Wolves2018 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:22 am

You do what you think is best for you and your baby! Breastfeeding is hard and you and your baby will have to work at it for a couple of months. Cup your boob while your baby is feeding to help the milk flow.
Wolves2018

Postby P+J025 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:23 pm

I had a similar issue due to my babies 👅 tie but what helped was pumping a bit before breastfeeding and or laying dawn and placing him directly on my nipple or basically sandwich the boob in his mouth, I also got frustrated at times but it’s normal, once he got around a month and older he’s gotten great about latching and even grabbing his boob on his own lol he just hit 3months and is a big baby. At the end so what is best for you and ur mental health
P+J025

Postby Charlize » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:09 pm

To michella03, hi there. I can see you need some help. I can see what's your problem. You don't have to give up breastfeeding. Your baby needs an hour to an hour and a half to completely get full. When he's let's go of the breast is because he's taking a break. When he does that you need to stimulate him by touching his lips or cheeks to encourage him and wait a bit. He'll come forward with his mouth open or licking lips (any hungry que he usually makes) towards your breast. After some time he will not need your assistance with this or cupping your breast and aiming the nipple towards his mouth.

Register Nurse with 12 yrs+ experience with babies,breastfeeding and training.
Charlize

Postby Livy02 » Sat May 01, 2021 3:06 am

My mother recently had a baby too and he did the samething what she did was put it right back in his mouth because she knew he wasn't done. I know I am not supposed to be on here so I am going to go I hope this helps
Livy02

Postby Allie88 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:52 pm

https://globalhealthmedia.org/portfolio ... he-breast/

Best advice i can give is to watc their vids....ive a preemie that gets so exhausted from breastfeeding we only do it once a day but i pump in between those times. Definitely try pumping if its causing too much frustration and you feel like giving up.
Allie88

Return to Breastfeeding