Periods while breastfeeding

Periods while breastfeeding

Postby Xotaraxo » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:39 am

It it normal to get your first period 3 months after childbirth while strictly breastfeeding?
Xotaraxo

Re: Periods while breastfeeding

Postby Wolves2018 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:53 am

Yes it is normal.
Wolves2018

Postby Xotaraxo » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:01 pm

Will it effect my supply ?
I don’t pump just feed on demand
Xotaraxo

Postby Wolves2018 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:18 pm

No it shouldn’t. I have a friend right now that breastfeeds and pumps and she hasn’t had her period since she gave birth and that was 9 months ago.

What effects your supply is your intake. If you don’t eat enough, drink enough fluids, or some women just can’t produce like they should no matter what they do.
Wolves2018

Postby Xotaraxo » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:00 am

Ok I haven't had any problems producing at all
I was just worried about getting my period so early and it effecting my milk

I’m so happy to know that it doesn’t ????????

Thank you
Xotaraxo

Postby Wolves2018 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:02 am

You’re welcome
Wolves2018

Postby iamgenevagee » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:25 am

Hi, I kinda had a similar question about periods while breastfeeding... my lo is now 2mos and I am currently on EBF with him, I got my period mid July for 5 days then got a little bleeding on the last day of July and period never came this August, based on this app, I am 10days late. Only had s*x once last Aug 10 (but my period was already late by 6 days that time). I am kinda paranoid if there’s a possibility I could get pregnant again? I had a c-section, it is possible that it wasn’t my period but just bleeding? I was physically exhausted that week btw. I told my OB about and she said I am protected because I am exclusively breastfeeding. Still paranoid 😫
iamgenevagee

Postby Lilsteph1 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:25 pm

Ur doctor is wrong if course you can get pregnant even if ur breastfeeding that does not stop pregnancy don't why so many women think it does. It is not a form of contraception trust me I no as I'm pregnant and breastfeeding right now. If ur periods have started back up witch it totally normal even if ur exclusively breastfeeding just means ur body is ready for another baby. Every time iv had a baby iv always breastfeed exclusively and I always start my period roulgh around the 6 week mark after giving birth sometimes there irrular but usually they go back straight to normal. But yes you can get pregnant and if ur period hasn't returned and ur breastfeeding you can still get pregnant as you don't no when ur goin to ovulate anyway.
Lilsteph1

Postby iamgenevagee » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:37 am

Lilsteph1 wrote:Ur doctor is wrong if course you can get pregnant even if ur breastfeeding that does not stop pregnancy don't why so many women think it does. It is not a form of contraception trust me I no as I'm pregnant and breastfeeding right now. If ur periods have started back up witch it totally normal even if ur exclusively breastfeeding just means ur body is ready for another baby. Every time iv had a baby iv always breastfeed exclusively and I always start my period roulgh around the 6 week mark after giving birth sometimes there irrular but usually they go back straight to normal. But yes you can get pregnant and if ur period hasn't returned and ur breastfeeding you can still get pregnant as you don't no when ur goin to ovulate anyway.

Hi, I just had my period back, I’m on my 5th day today actually and had a contraceptive shot on my 2nd day of period so I won’t be paranoid anymore. 😅
iamgenevagee

Return to Breastfeeding