depo provera shot

We don't want baby by now!

depo provera shot

Postby Lilah » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:12 am

I'm nervous.. I'm supposed to get my first shot today or tomorrow but I'm scared... My lover talked me into it. I want an effective birth control method but I'm scared because of the side effects and especially weight gain... Someone advice me
Lilah

Re: depo provera shot

Postby Lilah » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:18 am

Ps, condoms don't work for us, we've tried. Pullout although not the best doesn't work either as he sometimes can't control himself. E pills are a no obviously
Eventually I will go get an implant but it is costly, so are other methods that's why for now it's the depo shot
Lilah

Postby Gypsy519 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:29 pm

Hey ... for me I was on the shot for almost 2 years and when I got it every 3 months I wouldn’t have a period for the first month , but after I would bleed for the 2 months straight ... but I never got pregnant being on it ( my bf would finish in me all the time lol) so I would say it’s highly effective. Just for me I bled a lot and I got tired of bleeding so that’s why I got off it , but everyone is different !! I hope this helped (:
Gypsy519

Postby Gypsy519 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:32 pm

Also for me I didn’t have any other side effects (no weight gain or nausea) it was just the bleeding
Gypsy519

Postby Kamalama » Tue May 11, 2021 5:40 pm

The depo shot has caused disc wear at the base of my spine. It's good contraception but long term use isn't good.
Kamalama

Postby Jalina » Tue May 18, 2021 1:08 pm

Hey!! I’m 18 years old and just got the depo shot actually a week ago. I seem to enjoy it and seems to be helping I’m not sure about the cramps just yet but that’s the reason I got it. I actually never wanted to go on birth control but I was talking to my doctor about how severe my cramps were and mood swings and he actually recommended me birth control. Seems to be ok so far no major weight gain I’m only 106 lb and no side effects that I should be aware of! If there’s any tips on maybe the longer use of the depo shot please let me know!!!
Jalina

Postby Lynnette » Tue May 18, 2021 5:03 pm

The shot is good for a short term, it’s also more recommended for women who are older… I’m 19 and the depo shot was my first form of birth control. I took it while in college for 2 years, and it was great, no period pain, no pregnancy’s, and if I did have my period it was very short and happened rarely.
It’s been 4 months since I’ve been off the shot, and I wasn’t prepared for what was going to happen afterwards! I’ve had bleeding for well over 2 months now. All that backed up blood is resurfacing. Im now on the pill, and I’ve been given medications from my doctor, but the bleeding has not stopped, it’s still something I’m working on.

Not every woman experiences this, some have it easier than others. But know your body, understand the consequences that may or may not happen, talk to other women about it, way your other BC options, and think about your decision.
Lynnette

Return to Birth Control