Sugar pill & period

We don't want baby by now!

Sugar pill & period

Postby Belle2211 » Fri May 14, 2021 2:50 pm

Hi, I’m new to the contraceptive pills and just wonder if anyone has the same situation or knows what would be the reasons.
I started using pills from March & skipped 2 periods: 1st time I used the pills without waiting for my period to come, 2nd time I just skipped the sugar pills & move to the next dose. Until today, I have taken 3 sugar pills & expect my period to come but I just see a little brown discharge. I’m worry if is there any problem with me or the pills...
Also I had 1st s*x with my bf in the end of April (low chance of pregnancy). We didn’t use condom as I trusted the pills. Should I be worried about pregnancy also?
Belle2211

Re: Sugar pill & period

Postby Ever-ely » Fri May 14, 2021 8:45 pm

It’s normal to take a couple of days on the sugar pills before anything happens. Your bleeding might be different (lighter or heavier, different colour, different number of days) than what you’re used to off the pill. This is also normal.
Ever-ely

Postby Belle2211 » Sat May 15, 2021 12:54 am

Thank you for the reply.
I had a little pain in my lower abdomen sometimes & still a little brown discharge.
If the period doesn’t come until the last sugar pills. Should I wait for several days more or just continue with the new dose?
Also I read on the internet that pregnancy protection rate with pills is just 91%. Is it true? Should I use both condom & pills at the same time or just pills would be enough?
Belle2211

Postby Ever-ely » Sat May 15, 2021 6:22 am

Continue on with the new dose, don’t take any breaks otherwise it will impact the effectiveness. I was on the pill for 8yrs and the only extra protection I used (if you can even call it that) was the pull out method. Never had a pregnancy scare. Most instances of pregnancy while on the pill are caused by people taking it wrong (missing a dose or not taking it consistently at the same time of day). If you’re taking it correctly you have very little risk. But if you’d feel more comfortable with extra protection, your fertile window is your most risky time so this when you might think about avoiding s*x or using a condom.
Ever-ely

Postby Belle2211 » Sat May 15, 2021 6:40 am

Thanks Ever-ely. I’m feeling much better now.
Wish everything will be fine.
Enjoy the weekend 😊
Belle2211

Return to Birth Control