Glucose test

Glucose test

Postby Bayla » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:11 am

I did the glucose test and it was 200. I'm still pretty small bump wise. I'm excited about the baby but everything keeps going wrong, my pap was positive and now diabetes. Doctor gave me a Lancet device to check sugar levels 4 times a day. First time mom. Did anyone else fail glucose test... Ps I don't even eat sweets, just 1 glass of sweet tea a day.. Thank for listening to my rant
Bayla

Re: Glucose test

Postby Lachellehairston » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:14 pm

It's not all about what you eat. Genetics take a roll in this factor.
Lachellehairston

Postby Bayla » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:50 am

Lachellehairston wrote:It's not all about what you eat. Genetics take a roll in this factor.

I didn't know that makes sense tho my mom has type 1 and dad has type 2 my sister has type 2.. I had been tested when I was 17 but it was negative but that was 10 years ago
Bayla

Postby Issaa » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:26 am

In my first pregnancy I was tested with gestational diabetes. I don’t consider myself eating unhealthy nor very healthy. I would say half and half. But genetics play an important role plus your body has reactions when being pregnant. I had to check my sugar 4 times a day also, take small dosage of medicine and have a healthy diet. No much sugars or foods that convert into sugars like rice and potatoes. And I had to walk at least 30 min a day. That’s how I controlled my diabetes during pregnancy and as soon as baby was born, my diabetes disappeared. I am pregnant with my second one now and I am getting tested in a week. So I am hoping I don’t have this time but if I do, I guess I already know what to expect. Also, I had to get a c-section cause of my health with the diabetes.
Issaa

Return to Third Trimester (Week 27 - Birth)