Puppp Rash

Puppp Rash

Postby Sbittner » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:21 am

Anyone ever had this? Im 31 weeks and just getting out the shower I noticed a rash type redness under my belly button area. Googled and it seems to be PUPPP rash. Greatttttt another thing to add to pregnancy. If anyone had had it, what’s best to clear it and does it really last 6 weeks!?!
Sbittner

Re: Puppp Rash

Postby flopsy » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:37 pm

Best way to clear it is by taking dandelion root tincture for approx 10 - 14 days. The rash will gets a bit worse for about two days as the toxins are flushed out of the liver, then it will speedily clear up. Has to be from the dandelion root though. PUPP is related to the liver and the dandelion really helps the liver in its functions. Yes, it can last the rest of the pregnancy and a bit after if not treated.
If you've close to a mineral lake you could also go for several swims in the lake or adjoining spa. The minerals in the water can help clear up the skin, but your liver will still need that boost to help it work properly.
flopsy

Re: Puppp Rash

Postby Pareda23 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:26 am

Hi, I just had this on my 35th week. May OB says it's normal and will be gone after giving birth. She just advised me to take anti histamine (cetirizine) and apply calamine lotion on the rashes. I did not take the cetirizine bec im scared it will have an effect on my baby. The calamine lotion seemed to relieve the itch and my rashes are slowly healing.
Pareda23

Return to Third Trimester (Week 27 - Birth)