Induce labor question

Induce labor question

Postby Bayla » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:05 am

Next week ill be 39 weeks and my doctor wants to induce labor. I saw him today he said my cervix is soft and closed and the baby head isn't in the right place but he can feel it.. What is induce labor, first time mom?? I done artificial insemination can someone also tell a little about labor please a little scared
Bayla

Re: Induce labor question

Postby Danielbabes1201 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:35 am

I was induced with all of my pregnancies.

Honestly it isn't that bad. Basically you get put in the hospital and they give you medication to put you into labor. The medication can differ a bit. With my oldest i was given a pill that I took orally (by mouth) to soften my cervix. Then they gave me medicine in my iv to get me into actual labor. Once the contrations were going pretty good they broke my water with this long hook like tool.

With my youngest they actually gave me a medication in my cervix (so inserted vaginally) to soften my cervix which after a few doses put me into labor so I didnt need an iv medication. My water also broke on its own so they didn't have to do it.

Ive heard alot of scary stories but honestly it wasn't that bad for me with my oldest. All in all my induction with her only lasted for 17 and a half hours and labor wasn't too painful. My youngest was a different story. I was in labor longer because of the fact they didn't want to give me medication to start my labor since the thing to start softening my cervix seemed to start it instead. My induction with her lasted 25 and half hours (however I had alot of complications with her that weren't associated with the induction so that may of been why things were so difficult with her).

Like i said over all it wasnt too horrible. If I have another baby I would actually prefer to be induced again because it made things alot easier and alot less scarier for me. I was able to be comfortable (well as comfortable as one can be in labor) because i knew if anything went wrong a experienced doctor was there.

Good luck, I'm sure things will go great ❤
Danielbabes1201

Postby Bayla » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:57 am

Danielbabes1201 wrote:I was induced with all of my pregnancies.

Honestly it isn't that bad. Basically you get put in the hospital and they give you medication to put you into labor. The medication can differ a bit. With my oldest i was given a pill that I took orally (by mouth) to soften my cervix. Then they gave me medicine in my iv to get me into actual labor. Once the contrations were going pretty good they broke my water with this long hook like tool.

With my youngest they actually gave me a medication in my cervix (so inserted vaginally) to soften my cervix which after a few doses put me into labor so I didnt need an iv medication. My water also broke on its own so they didn't have to do it.

Ive heard alot of scary stories but honestly it wasn't that bad for me with my oldest. All in all my induction with her only lasted for 17 and a half hours and labor wasn't too painful. My youngest was a different story. I was in labor longer because of the fact they didn't want to give me medication to start my labor since the thing to start softening my cervix seemed to start it instead. My induction with her lasted 25 and half hours (however I had alot of complications with her that weren't associated with the induction so that may of been why things were so difficult with her).

Like i said over all it wasnt too horrible. If I have another baby I would actually prefer to be induced again because it made things alot easier and alot less scarier for me. I was able to be comfortable (well as comfortable as one can be in labor) because i knew if anything went wrong a experienced doctor was there.

Good luck, I'm sure things will go great ❤

Thank you I really appreciate it
Bayla

Postby Bayla » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:35 am

When they induced you did they put you in the hospital or did you get to go home, I live about 30 min from my doctor
Bayla

Postby Danielbabes1201 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:51 pm

Bayla wrote:When they induced you did they put you in the hospital or did you get to go home, I live about 30 min from my doctor

They made me stay in the hospital both times.
Danielbabes1201

Postby Bayla » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:28 pm

Danielbabes1201 wrote:
Bayla wrote:When they induced you did they put you in the hospital or did you get to go home, I live about 30 min from my doctor

Ok thank you

They made me stay in the hospital both times.
Bayla

Return to Third Trimester (Week 27 - Birth)