Succenturiate Placenta...Is natural birth possible??

Succenturiate Placenta...Is natural birth possible??

Postby NickT4 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:04 pm

Hello ladies, so I just got back my anatomy ultrasound results which I did at 23 weeks and all is well with my little bean, it was revealed however that I had a succenturiate placenta. This is my 3rd baby and it was the first time hearing this term. Just wanted to know if anyone ever experienced this and were they able to have a natural delivery with baby being ok. My doc recommended either a c-section or getting an epidural since he may have to insert his hand and fish out the extra placenta/lobe. I really wanted to have a natural delivery but what he explained sounded so painful and I want to do what's best for baby and me. Please please if anyone has had this condition please tell me your experience I'm so nervous and worried.
NickT4

Re: Succenturiate Placenta...Is natural birth possible??

Postby minibuttercup » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:56 am

I have not experienced this and I am in the throes of becoming a new mom myself at 17 weeks gestation. If possible, I personally recommend speaking to a midwife in addition to your OB/GYN about your wants and concerns. I elected to have my prenatal care done by a midwife because I wanted the extra emotional care and support during this pregnancy. The midwifery team at the hospital I will give birth at works closely with the physicians in case there is any needed or desired medical interventions. Congratulations on your little one!
minibuttercup

Postby MixedCouple » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:43 pm

It just depends really. It does increase risk of Heamorghaging. But the Drs should do a Doppler to check the blood supply next.

Having the birth in Hospital without aid ia perfectly fine as if anything urgent occurs your in the right setting. I honestly don't see why an Epidural is needed or C section. As really if they can establish the connection and blood supply they can make an informed decision.
From what I read online women have said they had no complications and both placenta came out fine.
MixedCouple

Postby NickT4 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:37 am

Thank you both for your replies, I really appreciateā¤. I'm praying and hoping for the best for me and my little guy. We're now at 32 weeks....yupee!!
NickT4

Return to Second Trimester (Week 14 - 26)