Ectopic Pregnancy

Ectopic Pregnancy

Postby Katebro87 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:32 pm

Hey All,

I was so excited a few months back and posted in here I was pregnant with my first baby. I have polysistic ovaries and 33 so I was SO excited.

Fast forward to now and I’ve had the most horrific few months. I started to bleed but only light when I wiped I was told don’t worry it’s normal...5 days later I’m thinking this can’t be normal. I was stressing so much so I can’t the EPU and they agreed to give me a scan.

They couldn’t see any sign of a pregnancy but when they found out I had polysistic ovaries they sent me packing stressing how fine I will be and I’m just not as far as they originally expected. I was told to go back in a week.

A week passed and I went back, still no sign of a baby. I waited 10 hours to get my bloods taken to be sent home again after being told my bloods were in the right HCG levels. I was told to come back in 48 hours for more bloods...this happened for 7 days and was told I’m fine the HCG levels are increasing in the correct ranges.

I had another scan...still nothing but they now could see a “mass” on the right side. I was told I was having an ectopic pregnancy!

Devastated wasn’t the word...again I waited around all day to see the consultant who said they wanted to inject me with methotrexate. I was given this and had to return to hospital every 48 hours for blood samples to ensure my bloods were decreasing. I was admitted on day 1 of administering the methotrexate because I was in the most horrific pain and they thought it could burst, I was sent home. I was admitted again day 5 after my bloods and told that my bloods were decreasing but not as quick as what they would like. I was in agony but they wanted nature to do its course...Day 7 another scan they told me the methotrexate didn’t work and the baby had grown from 0.4cm to 4.2cm I was admitted straight away and the following day had surgery to remove my Fallopian tube.

It was supposed to be keyhole surgery but because it was so big I had 4 incisions made in my stomach, everything just seemed like a whirlwind. The pain was unreal in both physical and emotional, no visitors because of COVID just pure heartache, pain and misery.

They sent someone around to ask me what I wanted to do with the “mass” how can someone call my baby that was now 6 weeks and 5 days a “mass”. I just wanted to get out of hospital and I did the day after my op and my boyfriend booked a wheelchair accessible hotel for 4 days because I just couldn’t walk.

They told me recovery time would be 2-3 weeks, after 3 weeks I still couldn’t get out of bed without support from family. I knew it was going to be a long road ahead...

Eventually the physical pain started to heal and then hit the trauma, emotions and the realisation of what had happened, what I’d gone through and that I was no longer going to have the only wish in life...my very own baby.

It’s been 9 weeks now and I just returned to work last week because I felt like I was falling apart and needing something to focus on.

To be honest I can’t even think about having a baby at the moment, I don’t feel like I am strong enough mentally to even deal with it. I have been told not to try for 3 months because of the methotrexate injection. Hopefully this time next year I will be in a different head space and ready to try again.

I am not sure why I have wrote this post, I have been told to talk about how I am feeling but I really find this difficult as I’m normally the “strong” one so I found myself writing this.

Sorry if I have gone on and on but if your reading this thanks for listening, stay safe and lots of love to you, Kate x
Katebro87

Re: Ectopic Pregnancy

Postby Ever-ely » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:27 am

So sorry to hear what you have gone through Kate. Sending you some love and some hope for your future💕
Ever-ely

Postby Manamana » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:30 am

A mass??? They do know it’s still a baby, right? It was only in the wrong place.
I’m going through a tough loss right now myself, I can imagine your pain. Luckily, you should have two ovaries. Maybe try looking into fertility treatments. Many women have babies with PCOS and many women have babies with one ovary.
All hope is not lost ✌🏻❤️
Writing these things down on forums and stuff is very therapeutic, just telling a stranger what you’re going through is like lifting weights off your chest.

Within time we all heal but that pain will stay, it’s just a matter of fighting against it or accepting and living with it.
I wish you best of luck for anything that comes in your future and a healthy baby ❤️
Manamana

Postby suekim90 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:38 am

I am so sorry for your loss...i had the same last year...the trauma will last forever,at least for me....take some time to recover,i took one year off before back to ttc again
suekim90

Postby SalmaKatrinah » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:18 pm

Just read through everything you and see my self in your shoes,cause right now am almost 7weeks and on Saturday i went for scan and my baby is not in the position its supposed to be in but stil am hving light bleeding and i started bleed on Saturday but hvnt had heavy bleeding thou stil am scared and praying to God to help me and my baby..i will go back into scan next week to see if the baby is in ts position..am praying so hard for it to stabliz cause i dont wanna go into any surgery but i dont feel any pain cause if it was in avery dangerous position since am almost 7weeks then it would hv started reacting..ryt??Anyway quick recovery my dear and pray for me too..!
SalmaKatrinah

Postby Spp7 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:35 am

Oh my dear, I am so sorry that you had to go through all of this. I hope you feel better soon and you can still have a baby. My friend had to get her both tubes removed but she is going through IVF. and there is s hope. Take your time, heal physically and mentally and then you can decide on this. But for now my dear, take your time. I will pray for your well being. X
Spp7

Postby Shaffaf » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:41 pm

Hey there so sorry for ur loss.I m from Pakistan.in 2018 I was same in the position my dear where u r now.me and my husband plan our second baby.after my son was 5.and I was confident that I will get pregnant.I was waiting to cross my periods first day so I can check.and it did...but I waited to cross a week .But on the day 31st of my cycle on the same date of last month.this month I got my periods which left me in shock..the periods were very heavy and pain full like never before...and it last for 11 days...and I took it easy thinking that I m not pregnant.thinking I got my periods on same date its okay to not go for checkup to my Doctor.so I came in normal rotein.but periods left a pain in my left lower abdomen.that I didn't took serious. And next month start and the pain was worse.then I book an appointment.BT the doc had her own home er so she couldn't cm..so I waited... that was sunday 10 of June the pain was like stabbing I couldn't even walk I was rushed to the hospital in er they check me.they ask me r u pergnent and I said no...then I started throwing.and every thing was getting dark in front of my eyes..I told them I had pain from last month in my lower left abdomen.
They took my blood and start scanning me ...ultra sound was Nt showing any thing BT aftr a while blood report came positive ...the doc shouted shaffaf u r pregnant how u don't know how could u b so irresponsible with ur self.I can listen every thing was dark I can't see...then another doctor said..blood started coming on the same date she got her periods.so she took it as a periods.long story short...my tube was brusted already and I lost a lot of blood..so doc did my surgery and takeoff my fallopian tube and even a cyst was in my right ovary of 5.2 They even took it off.I played wid my life didnt took care off my self.I was back to life...BT lost my child I was in a trauma for a year...I cried a lot for lossing my little one.
I started ttc BT still empty hand...its been two years now every month I loss hopes BT next month I start hoping again...my heart SAys I'll get pregnant again...I pray for all women out there like me even for all who don't have children's.Allah gives them a bokeh of good news InashaAllah...have faith don't lose hope.my dear u will soon recover and start again from the beginning.
Shaffaf

Postby Shaffaf » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:47 pm

Sorry I didn't realize I wrote a whole letter...I think no one will read it ..BT still I m happy...its like someone took a heavy brick away from my chest😓
Shaffaf

Postby LadyF » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:59 pm

Shaffaf wrote:Sorry I didn't realize I wrote a whole letter...I think no one will read it ..BT still I m happy...its like someone took a heavy brick away from my chest😓

I read it love. It's so brave of you to share. I can only imagine what you must be going through. Do not blame yourself much. Female bodies are weird and unpredictable,some people only know they were pregnant when they are on their labour bed.

I appreciate your courage and it's a good start to healing. Stay positive. There is still hope
The lovely LadyF
LadyF

Postby Jlyn » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:40 am

I am so sorry for your loss. All hope is not lost. With one ovary God will perform that miracle. He is a faithful God and He has a big one coming your way.
Jlyn

Next

Return to First Trimester (Week 1-13)