1st failed IVF (no eggs fertilized)

1st failed IVF (no eggs fertilized)

Postby Meso » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:58 am

I had my eggs retrieved on Thursday, if feels devastating and heartbreaking when all the odds were in your favor according to the doctor and science. The doctor was so optimistic and saw very good 8 eggs to be retrieved. However, not even a single egg was fertilized with a sperm. I wonder if this happened to anyone before. I am having severe panic attacks and dont sleep because of overthinking. Ivf is so hard and disappointing at every single step. Please help me!
Meso

Re: 1st failed IVF (no eggs fertilized)

Postby Jenny_crank » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:07 am

If you can afford another go, perhaps try ICSI? They inject a healthy looking sperm into the egg.

I just did ICSI 2 weeks ago. Four eggs retrieved, four fertilized, three blastocysts, all chromosomally abnormal. Sorry our holiday wishes didn't come true. Wishing you luck and baby dust.
Jenny_crank

Postby Karlaisc » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:10 am

Hello!
I had egg retrieval last month i am 27YO and my husband has low sperm count. Our doctor retrieved 24 eggs but only 7 survived to day 5 amd tgey have done it with ICSI so i would advice you to ask your doctor to do the same
Karlaisc

Postby Meso » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:09 pm

We were supposed to do icsi but that if the eggs were good to be fertilized, they retrieved the follicles, some were empty and some were not good to be fertilized, so the total was 0 fertilized
Meso

Postby Rosh1 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:55 pm

I did my first embryo transfer and I tested yesterday results came back negative. IvF is painfull because that is where we put pur final hopes. BUT i wish for all of you to be strong this is emotionally draining.
Rosh1

Return to IVF-ET