Damaged Fallopian tubes

Damaged Fallopian tubes

Postby TMS » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:19 pm

Hey. Has anyone with damaged or even blocked tubes managed to conceive or is anyone struggling to conceive with this problem?
I have damaged tubes due to a lot of pelvic adhesions. Waiting on the HSG dye test to see if they are totally blocked. Been trying to convince for a lot of years now. Had a miscarriage in may this year which gave me hope that maybe my tubes were ok but my gynaecologist seems to think it was just a fluke.
TMS

Re: Damaged Fallopian tubes

Postby Maryan » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:29 pm

Can a damaged fallopian tubes conceive?
Maryan

Postby Shiver of Light » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:55 am

Hi TMS. When I had my second I thought I would never be able to conceive naturally. I have 1 fallopian tube that is was removed and the other was damaged and blocked. I assumed all was great, no need to worry about getting pregnant 😂 and wham I so proved the doctors wrong. It is more difficult yes, but in many cases it still works out. Surgery might be an option and there’s always IVF, etc
Shiver of Light

Postby TMS » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:11 am

Shiver of Light wrote:Hi TMS. When I had my second I thought I would never be able to conceive naturally. I have 1 fallopian tube that is was removed and the other was damaged and blocked. I assumed all was great, no need to worry about getting pregnant 😂 and wham I so proved the doctors wrong. It is more difficult yes, but in many cases it still works out. Surgery might be an option and there’s always IVF, etc

Hi thanks for your reply, so I had my HSG test Friday and the doctor said I didn’t get a very good spill of dye, I asked her if that meant I couldn’t have kids and she said I’d need to consult with my gyne in a few weeks and get a full report off her then. I’m not sure if my tubes are completely blocked or not, but I know the test was very very painful! How bad is your tube blocked and what’s caused yours if you don’t mind me asking?
TMS

Postby Shiver of Light » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:49 pm

I had a very large cyst around one of my tubes which pushed everything and that caused the blockage. I was fully blocked and didn’t really “do” anything at the moment as I needed some time to process everything.

I know how hard it is to not overthink things during this process. I now find myself looking back at myself back then and I took the news so well yet it still worked out. Now, it’s a totally different story. We have a our fertility consult in a few weeks and I am terrified of what they might tell me. Wait until you can talk to your doctor and try not to jump to conclusions (super hard, I know!) but stressing only makes it worse.
Shiver of Light

Postby TMS » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:11 pm

Aww I’m so sorry, it’s awful when you hear the news that it’s you that maybe can’t have children, I don’t know about you but I know this last week I have felt like I’m broken and useless. We have been trying on and off for 7 years, so now I don’t know how to not try, but knowing that the egg and the sperm can’t meet I just feel lost, I keep holding on to hope because of the fact I did conceive in may even tho had a miscarriage at 6.5 weeks the fertilised egg still fought through. I don’t want to have too much hope tho just incase. Also don’t want to be too negative either. It’s hard to find that balance. Do you still try even tho you may not be able to conceive naturally?
TMS

Postby Shiver of Light » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:45 am

Thanks. We do still try. We’ve been trying for about a year and unofficially trying for 4 years. We gradually decided to become a bit more organized about how to go about it which honestly absolutely threw a huge bucket of ice water on our relationship! I’m 41 and my DH is 34. Knowing that I’m geriatric 😂 in terms of my fertility is not great but I have come to terms that it just might not happen. My DH is so supportive and for years has said that we will try until either it happens or when I say I am done. No pressure just pure support. However it is so hard knowing that it’s me. I have days that I feel like I am failing. I have days I can’t stop crying. I have days I am resigned to whatever happens. Ultimately, I would say we ladies need to give ourselves a break. We need to realize that sometimes it just isn’t meant to be but it doesn’t mean we have to give up or we are less women than others just because we’re on this very hard journey. Don’t give up. If you conceived even with the tubal issue that means it’s possible. I did and I carried him to 37 weeks.
Shiver of Light

Postby TMS » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:07 am

That’s great you have his support it’s so important, my BF is great too I’m nearly 33 and hes 31. He is happy to do whatever I want. Whether it be carry on trying or going down the IVF route or adoption or surrogacy he’s happy with whatever I want which is nice. I think we will just carry on with the trying but I won’t be doing the opks or pressuring myself to try when i know I’m ovulating, I think now I’ll give myself a break and just go with the flow and wait to hear when I can take the next fertility step
TMS

Postby Shiver of Light » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:52 am

I hope it works out for both of us. Our bodies are amazing and sometimes letting go, as hard as it is, is the best thing to do. Plus we get to have fun, fun! Not planning and plenty of women get their BFP without charting everything. I have my appointment with the fertility clinic on the 29th so we shall see what the doctor says. I am crossing my fingers that it’s a manageable plan and we’ll take it one day at a time. Good luck and keep me posted!
Shiver of Light

Postby TMS » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:37 pm

You’ll have to let me know what the first appointment is like in the fertility clinic, I’ve not got one yet but I’m assuming that’s the next step for me now once I speak to my gyne, I will keep you posted as well. Lots of baby dust your way
TMS

Next

Return to IVF-ET