loosing weight and building muscle

loosing weight and building muscle

Postby danigarner » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:10 am

As the title suggests I want to loose weight and build muscle. I am part of an athletics club and would like to tone up my body more. I will be 13 next month and am trying to become vegetarian for a healthy lifestyle any ideas?
danigarner

Re: loosing weight and building muscle

Postby Shelle » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:04 pm

Ok becoming vegetarian is not good when ur lifting weight cause you need certain protein from meat also when you lift always run at least two miles a week also a workout DVD you might want to use is t 25 I love it I'm 14 and I do a lot of weight training also my trainer also says make sure you push your self take the weight just above what you can handle
Shelle

Postby nathaly93 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:19 pm

You can always but protein to make protein shakes and they make yiur natural fat into muscle. My husband had to gain weight in order to get more muscle because he's really skinny.
nathaly93

Postby Shelle » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:29 pm

That is a myth the drink may say that but that protein powder if that is what u use is all chemicals or fake I can't remember what's In it but my trainor told me not to use it cause it's un natural if you get any get it from a health food store but I would recommend meat or granola and lots and lots of egg whites and tons of water no energy drinks cause their bad for you
Shelle

Postby Shelle » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:38 am

Yeah good substitute but also probably not the best cause if your talking about the ones for men they usually have hormones in them if u get the weight lifting one and also I got that information from a personal trainor that's been working with weights for 40 years so I did do my research
Shelle

Postby Krimzin » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:19 am

I'm not sure how exactly you did your research since you seem to be relying on only one persons word who could just be talking out his butt. Protein shakes or powder has a minuscule amount of hormones in it. At that only the whey protein powder has them since the other powders are made from plants and the like. They have no added hormones in the mix or the FDA would be all over them. You consume more hormones from a glass of milk then you would from the powder. Seriously open your google browser and inform yourself.
To the OP if you really want to try and gain muscle and loose weight keep in mind it doesn't happen over night and to pace yourself. Going vegan is totally up to you but if in general you try to consume food that is fresh and filling you will succeed. Try to limit packaged foods as most are not good for you calorie or ingredient wise. Good luck on your journey.
Krimzin

Postby danigarner » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:31 am

Thanks!
danigarner

Postby Shelle » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:43 pm

Just saying something I did my research just to let u know and hormones are ok in drinks and good for you but for girls it deepens our voice and that's bad and when you have your period you have horrible worse than before cramps so to me it's not worth using the GNC honestly it's kinda dumb cause then after u get the muscle your body alone did not build it's own muscle so it gonna be hard to maintain so I'd eat right an lift
Shelle

Postby Krimzin » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:08 am

Unless your taking testosterone supplements then no your voice will not change and even then it would be a slight change if any at all. Protien powder does not contain testosterone! In fact it contains very little estrogen which for us girls is nothing we are not use to. So nope I doubt you looked up ingredients or even did a slight bit of research. Even if the Op had a concern about that she could always buy a supplement made and designed for women. Like I said the FDA would be all over company's if they just put hormones in things. There's a reason you have to go to the doc to get a prescription for birth control or men to get injections for low testosterone.
Krimzin

Postby Shelle » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:38 am

Ok we already talked about the ingredients but the fda doesn't make brands put all their ingredients on the label I should know I have a family member who works for the fda so I did do my research and it's kind of annoying you telling me I didn't cause Google doesn't tell you everything neither do labels
Shelle

Return to Fitness & Weight Loss