Weight Loss Problems

Weight Loss Problems

Postby Cookie Monster » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:10 am

My problem is that I want to lose some weight,yet I can't exercise!I had a surgery on my left knee so I can't exercise until January 2017(according to my doctor)! Any ways to lose weight without exercising? Please help me!
Cookie Monster

Re: Weight Loss Problems

Postby nutty01 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:30 pm

I'd talk to the professionals first but maybe look into something like yoga or pilates as they can be less strenuous on injuries. I don't know if you will have to do physiotherapy at some stage but talking to them about it will give you some idea of your choices. Also if your surgery is only fresh you really should give yourself a decent amount of time to heal a bit otherwise it could very easily make things worse. Hope this helps and good luck :)
nutty01

Postby cacahuate86 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:49 pm

If your wounds from the surgery are healed, you can go swimming. it's good for your joints - especially your knee - because it puts less pressure on it. Just swim backstroke and you'll be fine.
No exercise is nonsense anyway. You'll have to do physical therapy after a knee surgery, and that's essentially light exercise as well.
Sapere aude
cacahuate86

Postby Stephany14 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:28 pm

You could Totally do some swimming! I had a surgery on my knee too and that helped me so much; plus you loose weight reaaally fast! You have to totes try it
Stephany14

Postby Cookie Monster » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:48 pm

I have already done a surgery on February 2nd and I will do another one on 22th of March(long story).My knee still hurts a little but I can walk. Yet, I can't run or go up and down the stairs properly. And my doctor said that I might do physiotherapy after my second surgery but I can't do any kind of exercise until January so my knee will heal completely,and of course even after January I will have to take it slowly to get my body used to it. He is really strict about that and I understand because my injury was serious lol. So any other ideas? Like diet plans so I can loose some weight?Please I can't wait until January!
Cookie Monster

Postby DStar » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:02 am

Only eat natural foods and drink lots of water. If you have to open a box, bag, or plastic container, then don't eat it, as they usually contain a lot of stuff that's bad for you. Read labels, if it has anything on there that you can't pronounce or don't know what it is, don't eat or drink it. To avoid all of the reading, I just eat only meat and produce because you know exactly what it is and what you put in it.
Thanks!
DStar

Postby Sweetsharon75 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:23 pm

Years ago I worked 12 hour night shifts, so u can imagine my eating was really messed up. I gained a lot of weight and was starting to have weight related health issues in my late 20's, I decided that was ridiculous and too soon and my future would only be downhill from there, do I decided to diet. Tried several and failed cuz too restrictive, finally tried south beach diet cuz it is similar to Atkins diet but much less restrictive. I had noticed big changes fast with Atkins so I realized sugar and carbs are not my friend. So my switch to south beach was phenomenal! I followed it almost to the T every day, and stayed positive thinking about what new recipes I could try today instead of focusing on what I couldn't have. It allows u to become very creative with foods too! In the end, I lost a total of 63 pounds, with NO EXERCISE at all! Like I said, I worked nights, so I was always tired and last thing I wanted to do was exercise and make myself more tired! But now I am at a slim size and more able to exercise without all my extra weight to carry around, and off night shifts too! Hope this helps u! Good luck!
Sweetsharon75

Postby Sweetpea69 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:14 am

Has anyone tried the it works wraps
Sweetpea69

Return to Fitness & Weight Loss