help me gain weight

Trying to gain weight

Postby mama » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:34 pm

I'm 17 yrs old & weigh 99 lbs (on a good day). I've been with a dietitian who suggested to my mom that I eat whatever and stay away from certain exercise (like running which I love) so I can gain weight The only problem is food makes me sick. Somtimes it's when I eat greasy food, sometimes it's just in the morning, sometimes it's all the time.. I really do want to gain weight because I want to be healthy but this food issue doesn't help. My dietitian doesn't seem to know why either. I had a panic attack about a month ago.. could anxiety be making me sick? Are there any good websites that have good healthy recipes?
mama

Re: Trying to gain weight

Postby Lishakitty. » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:46 am

When those foods make you sick what type of sickness is it?
Cody 8-10-13<3
Lishakitty.

Postby shadows soaring » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:59 am

I was less then a hundres pounds all through highschool. It wasn't till about two years ago that I finally hit a hundred pounds. I still run or did I can't now because I'm expecting. My point you'll gain weight when your metabolism slows down a bit. Get plenty of sleep and eat when you are hungry. See your doctor about the sickness it needs to be checked out. Just don't stress about your weight. Some girls are just petite.
shadows soaring

Postby missme90 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:31 pm

Same here im 5ft 8 and 23 iv always been slim and found gaining weight difficult xxx
until i met OH protein based diets eating 3-5 meals a day and i shot up from 9st 2lbs to 10st 8lbs (had squirrel cheeks and went from a 8-10 to 12-14) in a few months then lost it all again and now im about 9st havent changes my diet still high in protein :) OH is a big gym freak lol (eats 6 x a day and thats 6 full meals a day :/) some women find it hard to gain weight and keep it on spose genetics and metabolism all plays a part :) xxx
missme90

putting on weigh

Postby Enchantinglights13 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:26 pm

I'm really skinny and I think I look a little too unhealthy and I would love to put on another 5kilos. I'm scared that im really under weigh, does anyone have any tips to putting on weigh? Don't say that its great to have a small body (yeah I love it but I also get judged a lot)
Enchantinglights13

Re: putting on weigh

Postby 19kg94 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:30 am

Workout. Get some muscle.
-Kg
19kg94

Re: putting on weigh

Postby shellmar » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:18 am

Tell me about it.i get soooo critised about it.and I cant even wear all kinds of clothrs coz I see my body very ugly in it.ive been trying to eat foods that has lots of calories in it.
shellmar

Postby michelle754 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:58 am

I completely understand wanting to gain weight. I am 24 years old and just had my 3rd child in April of this year. I only weigh 106 pounds. It is stressful not being able to gain the weight you want especially when you eat full meals. I have tried just about everything you can think of to put on just a few extra pounds with no success. I have be told to try the Ensure drinks and eat a high protein diet. When I do start to get sad or stressed because of my weight I simply eat again even if I just ate something an hour before. Also peanut butter is said to help.

I am sorry to hear about you having a panic attack. I started having panic attacks last year. They are not fun and most of the time I don't know what is going in to cause them. When I feel like I am going to have one I simply call my mom or my fiancée and they talk to me until I have calmed down enough to function again. My kids also help me. They always know just what to say or do to make me smile or laugh.
michelle754

Postby PurpleZ » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:45 am

I have been trying to gain weight but I didn't gain much I was 104lb then 105.5lb now I'm 108.1lb I want to b 125lb
PurpleZ

how can I gain weight

Postby PurpleZ » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:48 am

I was 104lbs then 105.6lbs now I'm 108.1lbs I want to b 125lbs I hate gaining and lossing weight all bcuz of my thyroid it sucks how can I gain the weight and keep it
PurpleZ

Next

Return to Fitness & Weight Loss