Muscle exercise question

Muscle exercise question

Postby Hanna1967 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:20 am

I've read that if you do muscle exercises without being skinny you'll get fatter because of the big muscles and fat on top, but i've also read that doing muscle exercises helps you loose wight since fat turns into mucle, do you have any idea which one is true please, thanks
Hanna1967

Re: Muscle exercise question

Postby nathaly93 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:31 pm

I have 2 chunky cousins. They both work out. One always goes to the gym and he's still chunky well he lucks more chunky then before but it's all muscle now. On the other hand the other one works out because his work makes him do too mucb and ge looks a little skinnier. It depends on your body and how your body works and takes the work out you do!!!
nathaly93

Postby Hanna1967 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:24 am

I only do workouts from daily burn, the beginners workout and abs workouy thats it.
Hanna1967

Postby nathaly93 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:09 pm

Everybody reacts different to the work outs we do.
nathaly93

Postby cacahuate86 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:39 pm

First of all - muscle tissue is much heavier than fat, so no - you wouldn't lose weight. That is why former athletes for example, who appear to get heavier, don't actually... at least not at first. their muscles turn into fat when they stop exercising, they get bigger, but not heavier.
Anyway, if you have more body fat than you want and want to lose some, you have to adjust several things about your life. First of all, you need to adjust your diet, eat less saturated fats, less animal protein (they say five times a month is more than enough), less dairy products etc. As far as exercising goes, start with something that supports flexibility and endurance more than bulking up (yoga, swimming, etc. - sports that go for lean muscles instead of bulky). As you start losing weight, you can add some(!!) weight lifting to your routine, but don't overdue it.
It's always about the balance, but keep in mind that if you exercise regularly you'll be toned, but not model skinny (something I sincerely hope you don't want to be anyway). You'll be healthy and happy (because your body releases endorphins when you exercise), you'll have strenght and endurance - and that's really so much more appealing than just being skinny.
Sapere aude
cacahuate86

Postby Hanna1967 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:34 pm

Thank you so much this has helped me a lot
Hanna1967

Postby jbaby » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:40 pm

I started exercising from last Sunday and already I feel great. Normally I would be tired during the day at work and now I'm not. So go slow and everything would work out.
jbaby

Postby Dc89 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:59 pm

Well yes and no.
Yes you can appear larger by working out muscle under layers of fat but this would take a while since muscle is hard to build. And some people might appear larger when they start working out because psychologically they feel hungrier from doing more physical work so they eat more.
But it's impossible for fat to turn into muscle. It is true though that lifting weights burns more calories than cardio. But the workouts you are doing are so minimal that you are most likely only burning calories and not building muscle.
Also women don't build muscle like men do. So even if you are doing workouts that build muscle which would require really heavy weights and slow reps, your muscles won't get that big unless you're bodybuilding and training to be that way.
Dc89

Postby Anita136 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:15 pm

ill answer based on my own experience. muscle vs fat ratio is based not on your body type but primarily on your lifestyle:
1. it doesnt matter what you eat as long as its not junk food and the most important thing is CALORIE DEFICIT. dont overeat. you might think eating healthy is enough but if you eat more than you should you get nothing. for faster and better resluts try intermittent fasting. google it. i did try it. its not starving and its not unhealthy and makes your life easier.
2. dont do only cardio. strength training is number one when losing weight. tabata and hiit trainings are the best things you can do to fight FAT.
3. dont forget the rest days but dont take to much. its all about consistency. and forget the shit about drinkin liters and liters of water a day. drink when u feel like it.
4. challenge yourself. gwt out of comfort zone.im not sayin u should be on a beast mode but do not stick to beginner mode for too long. and dont do shitty 8min workouts. do the real workout 20-45min. cause if u stick to the similar routines ur body gets used to the motion so you burn faar less calories than you should. mix your workouts.

by applying all these rules i got muscles and my scale shows im actually heavier (its good muscles are far heavier than the same amount of fat so scale is not a real instrument to measure that) but my centimeteres.. oh my.. my waist is awsm legs far better and im much toned... so keep measuring your centimeres break your scale... u wont need it. now go to bmi/bmr calculator and find out how much calories u need per day. inform yourself and follow the rules above. after some time u gonna notice the work.
Anita136

Return to Fitness & Weight Loss