Help.. I gotta lose weight.

Help.. I gotta lose weight.

Postby ginaaa » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:42 am

Hello!
So I really gotta lose weight because I personally don’t feel alright with my weight.. I’m 5’6 and 68kg . I truly need a motivational chat or something so it could help me workout or even start being on a diet. Do you happen to know any website that does that for free or even someone who feels the same way as I do and maybe wants to support each other?
thanks a lot!
ginaaa

Re: Help.. I gotta lose weight.

Postby Chazzleberry » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:59 am

Are you on Instagram? There are loads of things on there. My advice is to download my fitness Pal and log everything you eat. Don't listen to what it says about how many calories you should have though, work those calcations out yourself online, it automatically says 1200 for most women and that is not enough!

I am 5ft 2/3ish and last Jan weight 76.6kg. now I'm 63kg. I run 2/3 times a week (although often miss a week too) and log my calories. started at about 1500 a day but slowly increased to 1800 as I got towards the weight I felt good with.

This way you don't have to cut food out if your diet completely,you just make healthier choices. Low fat sausages, smaller portion, more veg as it's low calories so you can have more (I love brocolli with everything) only 1 biscuit not 5 etc. I still are cake and chocolates, cheese, pizza, pasta, everything, but have lost 14kgs! Good Luck x
Chazzleberry

Postby ginaaa » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:22 am

Chazzleberry wrote:Are you on Instagram? There are loads of things on there. My advice is to download my fitness Pal and log everything you eat. Don't listen to what it says about how many calories you should have though, work those calcations out yourself online, it automatically says 1200 for most women and that is not enough!

I am 5ft 2/3ish and last Jan weight 76.6kg. now I'm 63kg. I run 2/3 times a week (although often miss a week too) and log my calories. started at about 1500 a day but slowly increased to 1800 as I got towards the weight I felt good with.

This way you don't have to cut food out if your diet completely,you just make healthier choices. Low fat sausages, smaller portion, more veg as it's low calories so you can have more (I love brocolli with everything) only 1 biscuit not 5 etc. I still are cake and chocolates, cheese, pizza, pasta, everything, but have lost 14kgs! Good Luck x

Thank you so much for your reply. I really want to lose weight so I thought that if I have something, anything that could make me work for it and just stop wishing for it then it could happen cuz I think this is what’s missing because I know deep inside I can do this. I’ll try the app. Thanks!
ginaaa

Postby Rkb123 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:27 pm

What is your target weight ? 68kg shouldn't be too much for 5'6".

Is it just the weighing scale bothering you or is it body fat ? Because you could be lean and still weigh more due to muscle mass.

If it is just the body fat then I suggest you try some body toning exercises and eat clean/balanced diet so that you have energy to do those exercises.

You could get a dvd of Jillian Michaels (some people get it for $1 as well during deals) and you could join her group in Facebook to see the effort other women are putting in to shred body fat.

Hope this helps!
Rkb123

Postby Rkb123 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:31 pm

And like Chazzle said, running is good.
Try to do some long distance runs over weekend and that will help burn fat. Also alternate days 45 minutes to 1 hour jogging or walking and other days toning exercises. Ensure you take healthy food and proper rest along with exercise.
Rkb123

Postby Momma1 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:55 am

It is all about cutting calories. If you are just trying to lose weight eat less. If you are trying to lose weight and tone up then eat less and workout. Swimming and walking are the best exercises for losing weight. But you need to throw in some resistance if you want to build some muscle.
Momma1

Postby mariejeanne » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:43 pm

if you're the one buying groceries in your household, stop buying sugary/fatty/processed snacks! that really helped me. I just eat my main meals throughout the day (with a lot of veg, less bread or rice that I would usually eat it with in the past) and if you want to snack, eat some veg or some fruits. they are good for you and they are lower in calories. I walk whenever I can. i live in a big city so it may be easier for me to do so but I try to use my legs rather than public transport. I walk to work (30min), I walk to go see my dad(30min as well), etc. just from cutting out snacks and eating more healthy balanced meals I went from 85kg to ~65 kgs in a year and a half I would say. I'm 5'8 btw
mariejeanne

Postby mariejeanne » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:49 pm

Also i completely cut out soda and juice. water and carbonated water is my go to (sometimes kombucha if I am craving something a little sweet <3). I don't add any sugar or milk in my coffee or my tea.
mariejeanne

Postby Aaoi » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:37 am

I have PCOS so its quite difficult to lose weight.. also I don't exercise much😥
I tried that app and kept record of what I ate. it became a habit and i was aware of my food intake so i could see what I should cut out from my diet. I lost over 10kg (i was 79kg and now 63kg) and i can mantain it now even though I don't keep track anymore. .
So a diary or an app is a good start also exercise even if its long walks..
Best of luck on your journey!! 😊
Aaoi

Postby ginaaa » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:32 am

Firstly, thank you soooo much for all of your replies!

I will try to eat as much healthier as I can because that’s for sure the hardest part, I’ll try to exercise as much as I can and I agree with the fact that walking and swimming is extremely good in order to lose weight.

I think that all this time the reason why I couldn’t stop eating or thinking about food, was probably because I was feeling kinda depressed because of the quarantine, but now i know that eating so much food clearly won’t make me feel happier, it actually makes me feel worse.

I really hope some day I will reach my goal . It is very important for my health and most importantly for me.

Thank you all for writing and trying to help, I really appreciate it. I’ll read your replies again and again in order to make myself do all of the things you wrote.
Thank you!
ginaaa

Return to Fitness & Weight Loss