Maintaining muscle while losing fat

Maintaining muscle while losing fat

Postby 0612 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:41 am

I’m 15 and started rowing a few months ago (in July). Since starting I have built a lot of muscle and probably lost fat but now I’ve gotten to a point where I am pretty toned yet have a thin but present extra layer of fat. For rowing I need to eat proper meals to allow my body to recover but I’d like to lose mum fat for summer (I love in the Southern Hemisphere haha). Does anyone have any tips on how to lose fat without negatively impacting my rowing. Also, I’ve struggled with body dysphoria and limiting eating in the past. So, I don’t want to go back there!

Re: Maintaining muscle while losing fat

Postby Toffeecoffee » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:39 pm

Go vegan. That's that perfect way to lose fat while maintaining muscle. Veganism is perfect for athletes because it supplies their muscle with vital amino acids required to keep their bodies in motion. And you can eat as much and and as often as you want.
Toffeecoffee

Postby Tonofhats » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:56 am

Increase the cardio and decrease the calories. It’s extremely hard to do both at once but if you continue weight training as you are now you will definitely maintain your muscle and strength, however you do need a calorie deficit in order to ‘shred’ the fat. Also to the comment above about eating as much vegan as you want that’s definitely not true, if your calories in is higher than your calories out then it doesn’t matter what you eat. You can work out your calorie deficit online usually have options to input that you just want to shed the fat and not overall weight.
Tonofhats

Postby Anonymous123_5 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:43 pm

I know this post was from last year but if you still check it ..
what helped me maintain muscle but loose fat was eating more protein and avocados while minimizing the carbs. I kept my carb in take at no more than 30-50g. I know everyone’s different and what has worked for me may not work for you but it doesn’t hurt to try and if nothing else has helped.
Anonymous123_5

Return to Fitness & Weight Loss