Teen weight loss...

Re: Teen weight loss...

Postby Shanay123 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:00 am

Try to remember that while there is nothing wrong with wanting to lose weight, BMI is a popularized pseudoscience that doesn’t take into account genetics and lifestyle. Also the word obese didn’t even exist until 30-40 years ago and was created by a “fatphobic” doctor who essentially had to publish some written material in order to keep his job. Even people who are pure muscle have been told that they need to lose weight. That said, weight loss is %90 diet and %10 exercise, and the body will fully adapt to what you’re doing exercise wise so make sure you have some variety. Variety will also make it easier on you to continue your journey as it won’t lead you to getting bored with your routine. Also portion control is a big thing. Especially if you live in a America. Something that has helped me is getting half of what I think I’ll eat or splitting my food when I go out because I have a habit of thinking that my empty plate means I’m full not my stomach telling me I’m full.
Shanay123

Postby ashyrock2 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:06 am

If I’m 14, 5’2 and 125 pounds, am I overweight?
ashyrock2

Postby KawaiiJellybeans » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:20 pm

Idk... According to BMI I think you are normal weight but BMI is just a rubbish technique created by fat phobic doctors who wanted to live in a world of thin
--K.J--
KawaiiJellybeans

Postby mariedaqueennn » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:37 pm

Hey fellow Women, I’m so corny😂😂😂. Anyways, I’m 12 years old I will become 13 on January 2nd, I got my cycle when I was 11 at my auntie house thats other story tho. Anywaysss, back to the point I’m 12 about to be 13 I weight 145.6 my doctor says that good for my height, I’m 5’2. I got breasts and booty and I want to keep that but I just want to get rid of my stomach fat, I watch YouTube videos and people say to drink apple cider vinegae buT DILUTE IT because it can burn your throat. I want to stay that but my mom keeps on telling me no. Anyways to any one have too of how to get did of stomach fat? The only reason I want to get rid of it is that I’m insecure about my body I don’t like the way it looks when I out on my dresses or different shirts. PLEASE HELP A GIRL OUTTTT
mariedaqueennn

Postby Arianaxcutieee » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:29 am

Okay Haii so I’m 13, 171 pounds and I’m 5’4 I’m overweight I’ve come a long way I’ve been 200 pounds at 12 and 11 years old I’m not proud at all but I’ve managed to lose weight and how I’m doing it is Drinking water only and minimum of food like not over eating and I don’t eat anything sugary or chips or cheese burgers like from fast food restaurants or any soft drinks my goal is 130 pounds and if I could I would want to be 110 pounds and I eat a egg and Oatmeal with Raisins in the morning and I skip lunch Lmaoo unless for lunch I just eat half a mango or half a fruit and the for dinner I eat whatever my family eats just small portions. I hope this helps!!!
Arianaxcutieee

Postby carry2016 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:47 am

I just want to lose weight.
carry2016

Postby Four truths » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:18 pm

Okay if you wanna lose weight first off it should be your own choice. You deciding that not other people or the doctor telling you, you should lose weight.
And I would recommend “Women’s Workout” it’s an app my mom and I use. It’s so much fun, we just do exercises for like an hour and it always boosted my self esteem so like use that app. And going for runs or walks helps too, with the COVID I didn’t do that a lot, I mostly used the app for the past months or so.
And also don’t diet, never diet. It’s good to have a healthy diet so your body has all the nutrients it needs to function properly.

And honestly don’t listen to what other people tell you about your body if it’s negative. Also using the app takes time, the results won’t show like right away, it will take probably a year or so.

And drink a lot of water 💦 don’t be dehydrated.
Four truths

Postby Four truths » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:21 pm

Also women’s workout has a lot of exercises for many things. Plus they have yoga too which is very calming when stressed.
Four truths

Postby Kinzeepooh » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:38 pm

I’m 13 and 5’7 and I’m 136 am I overweight?
Hey
Kinzeepooh

Postby Four truths » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:50 am

Kinzeepooh wrote:I’m 13 and 5’7 and I’m 136 am I overweight?

Not even close. You have a normal weight or an average weight. Am 13 too 5’4 and weight 108 which is also a normal weight for my height and for your height it’s also normal or average.
Four truths

PreviousNext

Return to Fitness & Weight Loss